Announcement

#1 2015-09-18 13:07:35

heviifoto
Switzerland
2015-09-18

GPS metadata not producing output

Good day,

After uploading .png files with attached gps metadata, the images are not displayed by either the OpenStreetmap or the RV Maps & Earth plugins.

gps coordinates were generated with Darktable. The presence of the gps metada was confirmed when reviewing the attributes of the files with Preview

A work-around has been to assign lat and lon by using the Batch Manager. Even so, this is not a satisfactory solution since the coordinates do not "stick" when selecting the location using the OpenStreetmap map (they do not appear in the map when returning to the Gallery). However, since I am also using the RV plug-in, if I copy those lat and lon coordinates resulting from clicking in the map and then paste them into the relevant RV Maps  & Earth fields, these do "stick" and are hence shown on a map view in Categories.

- has anybody experienced similar problems?
- what can be done to address this?

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
Server: Fedora 21
Working machine: MBPr, Yosemite

#2 2015-09-23 18:52:10

CChiappa
2014-07-25

Re: GPS metadata not producing output

Out of curiousity, have you tried JPGs?  I've got lots of GPS tagged JPGs processed by Darktable, and they work fine with rv_gmaps plugin.

#3 2015-09-24 12:00:39

heviifoto
Switzerland
2015-09-18

I think that you're on the right track. I've uploaded another set of shots but, this time, all saved as .jpeg. No problem; they all appeared on the Map.

The program does not seem to acknowledge the gps metadata of photos saved as .png
This should be noted in the User Manual. Oh, wait a minute, there is no User Manual ....   ;-)

#4 2015-10-15 17:29:40

mrcolj
2015-05-22

Googling around I see pages like this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9542 … a-like-jpg
saying PNG doesn't support EXIF/IPTC.  That it has a metadata field for creation date and dimensions, but beyond that it's just custom text space--there's no overt field for Lat/Lon.  That's what's going on.

Board footer