Announcement

#1 2015-09-18 13:29:42

heviifoto
Switzerland
2015-09-18

Cannot manage Albums, "piwigo_category_filters' is marked as crashed"

Hello,

As of yesterday, I can no longer manage my albums by accessing     Albums > Manage

I am running the latest versions of the program and plug-ins. Nothing had been changed immediately prior to experiencing this problem.

When I attempt to access, I am greeted by the message in the above Subject Field. It includes the following:

SELECT DISTINCT id, name
  FROM piwigo_categories AS c
    INNER JOIN piwigo_category_filters AS cf
    ON c.id = cf.category_id
; in /var/www/html/heviifoto/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 830

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on boolean in /var/www/html/heviifoto/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 883

Can somebody please suggest a solution to this problem?

#2 2015-09-18 17:00:38

heviifoto
Switzerland
2015-09-18

Re: Cannot manage Albums, "piwigo_category_filters' is marked as crashed"

Any suggestions?

I realise now that it is unreasonable to expect support from Piwigo's developers. Well, perhaps a veiled hint or two, if one is lucky. But detailed answers to real questions? Nah, it doesn't seem to happen, judging from scanning other posts.

Piwigo is a great program. I can appreciate that the developers must focus on the .com side in order to be able to feed themselves and their families but, this leaves a bitter taste in one's mouth when support over here is scant to nil. Most posts have "0" responses!  From a marketing perspective, I can't see how this would help convert prospective paying clients who wonder if the ethos of terrible support continues at piwigo.com

So, does anybody from the general community have any suggestions as to how I might be able to manage my albums again in spite of the aforementioned crash dialogue?

#3 2015-09-19 13:59:42

tazattitude
2015-07-13

When I get a table that has crashed, I log into my account, then use phpMyAdmin > Select the table that has crashed. Then 'repair table'.

Or, upload a backup sql file.

#4 2015-09-19 14:19:20

heviifoto
Switzerland
2015-09-18

Thanks, tazatitude. I'll give it a shot when I'm back at someplace with enough bandwidth to connect via my VPN.

I appreciate the assistance!

Board footer