Announcement

#1 2015-11-04 22:42:55

mrsroadrunner
Oregon USA
2014-03-27

drupal integration

Hi there,
I love piwigo and not all that shy in saying so!

Started a drupal site in which I have taught myself. I also want piwigo to integrate with my drupal installation and have tried this and that ...... I paid for galleries for images however I just did not want to give up on my piwigo site migrating with the drupal.....

First thing I host my own piwigo...... as well as drupal. I found out through trial and error that drupal does not see my installation as another website, (why would it ? I installed both through my own host. drupal as the main, piwigo as a sub). Found out some modules through drupal just did not work since I host the two.

I found the, "url redirect" to work with integrating the two together. Whatever node to my piwigo . Sure the piwigo has a different "look", then does my drupal however ...... looks better then a iframe in my opinion.... I can not see any issues with search engines at this time, can you?

As I have said I have taught myself the computer, so I may not see all the future issues..... so reaching out to you who are smarter at this stuff then I if you see any long term issues with this way of combining the two together?

Anyhoo my main website is mrsroadrunnerphotography.com and the piwigo site is mrsroadrunnerphotography.com/piwigo - I am not done with this year long process of changing my main website so it is a tad bit ,"messy"......
Coralie

#2 2015-11-05 10:23:40

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: drupal integration

Hi

drupal is quite complex but very powerful; the best would be to have a drupal module which can interact with piwigo to add a list of albums, to insert easily pictures or a set of pictrues from piwigo but that's for web dev people. You can still use html to insert 'manually' your pics from piwigo in your drupal articles et manually build a menu if your root albums doesn't change often.
Then, as for wordpress, you try to make both theme similar so people won't get lost

technically speaking I don't know if drupal would be a problem: how did you physically installed it?
like this:
/root
--/piwigo
--|_>piwigo files
--/drupal
--|_>drupal files
or
/root
--/piwigo
--|_>piwigo files
|_>drupal files
The second one may lead to issues

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2015-11-05 15:19:58

mrsroadrunner
Oregon USA
2014-03-27

Morning from the high desert of Oregon USA Flop25,

When I made the two they were going to run as separate sites, then the duplication was getting to much as I have thousands of images, this is all I do.....what would the second installation do?? I do not have the two in the same folders at all - that just seamed to me to be trouble in the making?? With updates and such??

A module for drupal would be really cool! There just must not be enough of us in drupal to care if a module is made or not ?? Heck I dont know how to do such things, not sure if I want to dive into that.....

I was playing around with the html.... actually have html still in play. I started the drupal site due to several places sold off (woo hoo for them), jacked up prices or shut down the site all together and I just got tired of that ...... I am still mourning the loss of posterous haha ;)

The different look - that is bothersome to me..... the html, even iframe takes care of that however seams to me the same amount of work to do html or even iframes would be the same as changing the looks of piwigo to match drupal?? Heck it maybe even cheaper to pay someone?? In the big picture of things anyhoo?

Like to hear what else you see!! Now you are the same Flop25 who has made the template in piwigo I am using?
Coralie aka mrsroadrunner

#4 2015-11-05 16:19:54

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

yeah it's me ^^

Indeed, you should not have several scripts sharing the same folders even if one is a sub folder of the other (my second setup).

when I meant html in drupal, I'm just thinking of adding img and href to display the thumbnail in a drupal article and link it to the picture page in Piwigo (as the wordpress plugin does automatically with just a shortlink like [pwg_tumb=12]). Thus a module would do that automatically throught piwigo api

the look is quite easy to solve Honestly you can pay a student in web design to do something correct or hire a freelance from asia, both for a cheap price. Or you can learn to do it yourself as I did. ifrmaes is a very bad choice for many reasons

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2015-11-05 17:06:46

mrsroadrunner
Oregon USA
2014-03-27

Hi there flop25,
I have a nice module for adding the images to a post. Soon I want to add the open window tab to open up the photo maybe in piwigo.....with all the features in piwingo.......  I paid for a nice photo gallery, then realized it is no better then piwigo! Shot myself in the foot with that one......

The images I have , some are usable (I sale photographs), while others are just meant to be for my writing. To help tell a story. I am so backed up with stuff to do haha - I love it when I hear folks say, "I am bored ", oh you are ...... well haha ;)

Perhaps I will take some time and tinker more on this?? I see in my sitemap I have so much cleaning up to do from past "tinkering", haha

You learned all this on your own, that is super cool in my way of thinking!
Coralie

Board footer