Announcement

•  » Your Piwigo
  •  » Piwigo Gallery - Complete Integration Into My Existing Site

#1 2014-12-15 21:39:34

DroneVU Studios

Piwigo Gallery - Complete Integration Into My Existing Site

Hello,

I wanted to share how I used Piwigo by completely integrating it into my existing site. It is fully HTML5 compliant , works on all platforms from smartphones to HD TVs and I added the JQUERY Lightbox affect to the pictures for better visual appeal.

Overall the integration process took me about 3 days while I had to figure out how to work with Smarty (had never heard of it before).

My gallery is here: http://dronevustudios.com/gallery/

Piwigo was exactly what I was looking for, my only feedback is that I wish it was easier to select an album cover picture instead of having to keep hitting refresh until my desired picture is on the album cover, and it would be nice if it supported infinite scrolling for really large albums. I could have implemented infinite scrolling but it would not have sped up the initial page loading without AJAX database calls.

Piwigo version: 2.7.2
PHP version:  5.4.34
MySQL version: 5.5.36
Piwigo URL: http://dronevustudios.com/gallery/

#2 2014-12-16 13:57:10

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Piwigo Gallery - Complete Integration Into My Existing Site

Hello
great theme

About your "problems":
- go the edition page of the picture to set that one as "representative" of any album you want
- [extension by rvelices] RV Thumb Scroller should be what you're searching

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2014-12-16 16:54:04

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi DroneVU Studios,

Really nice customization!

#4 2015-06-05 09:54:41

AlexLV

DroneVU Studios wrote:

Hello,

I wanted to share how I used Piwigo by completely integrating it into my existing site. It is fully HTML5 compliant , works on all platforms from smartphones to HD TVs and I added the JQUERY Lightbox affect to the pictures for better visual appeal.

Overall the integration process took me about 3 days while I had to figure out how to work with Smarty (had never heard of it before).

My gallery is here: http://dronevustudios.com/gallery/

Piwigo was exactly what I was looking for, my only feedback is that I wish it was easier to select an album cover picture instead of having to keep hitting refresh until my desired picture is on the album cover, and it would be nice if it supported infinite scrolling for really large albums. I could have implemented infinite scrolling but it would not have sped up the initial page loading without AJAX database calls.

Piwigo version: 2.7.2
PHP version:  5.4.34
MySQL version: 5.5.36
Piwigo URL: http://dronevustudios.com/gallery/

I really like youre job, how you made it.
So, maybe you can explane how you did it? Or where did you find info about integrating in website.
I have website, i need nice gallery like piwigo in it !

#5 2015-09-12 12:57:57

helmuc
Maidstone, UK
2013-05-23

very nice gallery.. I'm curious - how do you do arial/drone photography or are those photos still frames?

H

#6 2015-09-14 04:36:19

JerryC

It look great! How did you do it?

#7 2016-01-23 17:39:40

Jackanape
Albany NY
2016-01-23

I was going to start a new topic, but since this project seems to be exactly what my goal is in using Piwigo, I thought it might be best to post a follow up to this topic.  I hope I made the right call.  Feel free to chastise me thoroughly if I made a mistake.

My main site utilizes SSI pretty heavily, including such things as the majority of my header, footer, menus, etc.  Unfortunately, SSI isn't a viable option here.  So, I'm left considering two options (unless I'm missing something:

1)  Some templating syntax that will allow me to include files via the template files directly

2)  Finding the main "common" variable array in the php, and adding my own custom templating includes there.

Am I missing an easier technique in working with Piwigo?

Any and all advice is welcome.  I intend to share my solution here, in case anyone else should want to follow in these footsteps.

#8 2016-01-24 19:00:22

Jackanape
Albany NY
2016-01-23

hmmm...I was under the understanding that Piwigo had a strong dev community...in the last 24 hours, all my searches have led me to partial if no answers whatsoever.  I even found an "I have no time to answer your question" reply!

Well, maybe my small input can help someone else along the way.

The main integration is pretty straightforward:

In my case, to include my external html files, I simply added some template variables in header.php, page_tail.php, and index.php using file_get_contents(), then called the new variables where needed in the .tpl files:  appropriately, header, footer, and index.  This required some overall editing of the Piwigo templates themselves, but it all now fits into my main content area seamlessly.

I'm currently working on the galleries themselves, to more properly format the cover thumbnails, etc.  Changing headers where appropriate, etc.

I hope these pointers help someone along the way.

#9 2016-03-10 08:26:38

helmuc
Maidstone, UK
2013-05-23

have you moved it over to a quicker server?

.. it loads lighting fast :)

•  » Your Piwigo
  •  » Piwigo Gallery - Complete Integration Into My Existing Site

Board footer