Announcement

#1 2016-06-11 19:31:48

Ortolan
Translation Team
2011-02-20

Password recovered but not for admin account

Hello,
I tried to log in my admin account after several weeks. Unfortunately, none of password was correct and I run the procedure of recovering of the password. I received a new password, however it was assigned to other account - not admin. So, I could log in, but to other account, and admin panel is not available.

What I should do for recovering access to admin account?

By the way (with no relation to password problem?), I run the procedure of password recovering three times, and the first e-mail with user name and password included such a note:
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ortolan/public_html/grzyby/include/smarty/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 270

Greetings
Krzysztof

Piwigo URL: http://grzyby.kujawa.org.pl

#2 2016-06-11 22:09:58

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Re: Password recovered but not for admin account

Hello,

In my opinion, you received the password for the login you gave for recovery!
To recover the right user you have to present the right login.

Have you access to sql data base?There you will see the user's login.
if yes, you can try the procedure here : http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 16#p138016

Enjoy!
DéHème

#3 2016-06-12 12:55:49

Ortolan
Translation Team
2011-02-20

Thank you for help.

deheme wrote:

In my opinion, you received the password for the login you gave for recovery!
To recover the right user you have to present the right login.

Today I have noticed a note that "e-mail" way for recovering the admin account password is not available"
Translating to English the note from password recovery panel: "Administrator, webmaster and special user are not allowed to use this method". Please note also, that when recovering, you are nor asked for "login" , but only for proper e-mail. I send it and have got the password, however not for admin account.

deheme wrote:

Have you access to sql data base?There you will see the user's login.
if yes, you can try the procedure here : http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 16#p138016

Unfortunately I know only little about sql databases. So, I do not know what exactly mean: "Go to your database, open the piwigo_users table." What I can do is listing the directories and files with the aid of a FTP Client. I would be grateful for any hints about "opening piwigo_users table" I searched the directory and sub-directiories for "piwigo_users" file and I found nothing.

#4 2016-06-12 13:37:41

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Hello Krzysztof,

Normally (excepted if you run an old piwigo version <2.3) password recovery works also for Admin!

Piwigo installation has 2 parts :
- a set of files that you can access via ftp (not usefull to recover password)
- a database that you access via your host (many use cpanel)
In the data base are defined the users, their logins and their passwords; password are not readable, they are "hashed" in order not to be recovered easily. Too bad but this is the rule.

However there is a way to force a new password. For this YOU have to know about database :
- how to get in
- how to find it (the one for your piwigo set up)
- how to find the right column/row (where the users are)
- how to replace the password and ONLY the password with a MD5 hashed password

There are many ways to make errors, therefore if you don't know all the above, don't do it; and find a friend who knows all this stuff, you will have to give him full access to your host DB (incl. password).

Enjoy!
DéHème

Board footer