Announcement

#1 2016-08-03 23:49:06

khorton
2016-05-29

Solved - Unable to sync

Hello,

I installed Piwigo today, and uploaded a few photos using the web uploader, created an album and put the photos in two sub albums.

I am not able to have Piwigo sync any of the metadata from the exif in the JPGs.  I can see the data I need using exiftool before I upload the photos, but none of it syncs.  The creation date is blank, as are the latitude and longitude.  I have selected Tools->Synchronize, selected "directories + files", "even already synchronized photos", deselected "Simulation" and selected "Search in sub-albums".  The results always show that 0 photos are synchronized, and none of the metadata shows up in Piwigo.

I copied include/config_default.inc.php to include/config.inc.php, and I edited config.inc.php as follows:

--- config_default.inc.php    2016-07-07 22:06:22.000000000 -0700
+++ config.inc.php    2016-08-03 14:00:10.056260002 -0700
@@ -328,7 +328,7 @@

// use_iptc: Use IPTC data during database synchronization with files
// metadata
-$conf['use_iptc'] = false;
+$conf['use_iptc'] = true;

// use_iptc_mapping : in which IPTC fields will Piwigo find image
// information ? This setting is used during metadata synchronisation. It
@@ -361,7 +361,8 @@
   'Make',
   'Model',
   'DateTimeOriginal',
-  'COMPUTED;ApertureFNumber'
+  'COMPUTED;ApertureFNumber',
+  'ImageDescription'
   );

// use_exif: Use EXIF data during database synchronization with files
@@ -370,7 +371,8 @@

// use_exif_mapping: same behaviour as use_iptc_mapping
$conf['use_exif_mapping'] = array(
-  'date_creation' => 'DateTimeOriginal'
+  'date_creation' => 'DateTimeOriginal',
+  'comment' => 'ImageDescription'
   );

// allow_html_in_metadata: in case the origin of the photo is unsecure (user
=================================================

I'm not sure if there is something horribly borked in the installation (installed via Softaculous by my web host), or whether I have something misconfigured, or whether it is pure user error.

Are there any logs where I can find any errors?

Any advice is appreciated.  If I don't figure this out in the next day or so, I'll try a manual installation of Piwigo.

Thanks,

Kevin

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.2.17
MySQL version: 5.5.50-38.0
Piwigo URL: http://www.kilohotel.com/piwigo

Last edited by khorton (2016-08-04 21:18:59)

#2 2016-08-04 06:40:42

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Solved - Unable to sync

Hi :-)

It's better no change Piwigo file
Il you vant change config use local config ;-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2016-08-04 11:58:58

khorton
2016-05-29

ddtddt wrote:

Hi :-)

It's better no change Piwigo file
Il you vant change config use local config ;-)

I had misread the instructions in include/config_default.inc.php.  Thanks for pointing out my error.

I moved include/config.inc.php to local/config/config.inc.php.  Unfortunately, that did not fix my problem. I still am unable to sync metadata.

I note that the top right of the Synchronize page has "Database Synchronization With Files: ./Galleries/ ?".  But, I have a virtual album, so there are no files in ./Galleries/.  I tried clicking on the "?" following "/Galleries/", but that produced an error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/khorton/public_html/piwigo/plugins/rv_gmaps/qsearch.inc.php on line 141".  I'm not sure if that is relevant to the sync problem or not.

#4 2016-08-04 21:18:38

khorton
2016-05-29

I blew away the piwigo installed automagically via Softaculous and did a manual installation.  After reading the French language documentation, I decided to try SFTP to upload the images instead of the batch uploader that uses flash. 

Now sync works.  I still have some fiddling to do to extract all the metadata I want from IPTC and get it in the correct fields, but I found a few hints in the forum that may work.  I'll post a new thread if I have problems extracting the metadata.

Board footer