Announcement

#1 2016-08-14 09:54:30

jcrunch
2016-08-12

No photos generated for large uploaded panoramas

Greetings,

I'm a newbie at Piwigo, migrating from a whacked version of jAlbum. Piwigo looks great, in all respects, but I'm having a tussle getting it to create photos from large panorama photos uploaded through the web page.

One example I have is a 17534 × 5312 stitched jpeg I created. It's in the directory Family Photos/2016 Photos/SW Trip/, and is named 2016-05-25_11-25-15 (if you'd like to search for it). Many of my other large stitched panoramas haven't made it, either. They do get uploaded (I see the full size photo on my server), so I don't think it has anything to do with the max file upload size I see mentioned quite a bit here on the forum.

The upload just doesn't result in any resized versions of the photos.

I have version 6.9 of ImageMagick installed. My understanding is that ImageMagick has max dimensions of 65500 for both width and height, so I'm wondering where the hangup is. Is there a setting I'm overlooking in ImageMagick or elsewhere to make these panoramas generate smaller versions?

Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need further info. Any troubleshooting help would be greatly appreciated.

I know I have older versions of MySQL and PHP installed. If one of these are the culprits, please let me know.

Thanks again,

jcrunch

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.5.31
MySQL version: 5.5.25
Piwigo URL: http://crnich.dyndns.org/photos/piwigo/

Last edited by jcrunch (2016-08-14 10:03:42)

#2 2016-08-16 08:37:28

jcrunch
2016-08-12

Re: No photos generated for large uploaded panoramas

Okay, upon further inspection, it appears that all photos over 24.5 MB did not have any photos generated (smallest file that failed--24.7 MB). Every photo under this size appears to have photos generated after upload.

I resized the photo mentioned in the post above to a width of 10,000, and other sizes were created when I uploaded this smaller version. I was afraid that there was some limit on maximum aspect ratio (width over height), but this seems to have confirmed that that isn't the case.

Does this approximate maximum size number ring any bells with anyone? Any ideas where I might adjust this upper limit, whatever it is?

#3 2016-08-18 09:13:13

jcrunch
2016-08-12

Re: No photos generated for large uploaded panoramas

Okay, never mind.

I'm a dope. I didn't have ImageMagick properly installed.

Once it was installed correctly, everything was fine.

Carry on. ;)

Lovin' this software!

Board footer