Announcement

#1 2016-10-26 03:55:14

Thomas Clinton
2016-05-07

Photo sort order not working

Hello all,

I recently transferred our Piwigo gallery to a new server and everything is working great! The one issue I've encountered is that images uploaded in an album are no longer sorted by file name. I've tried using all the available options in the 'automatic sort order' menu in the album options after upload,  and our default configuration is : File name A-Z, Photo title A-Z, Numeric identifier 1-9.

Our files are all named as follows : yyyymmddEventTitle-qw with yyyy being the year the image was taken, mm the month, dd the day (all numerical), EventTitle being the name of the event and qw being the numerical image identifier from 00 to qw depending on the number of pictures. They appear to be arranged randomly in our albums, and no change in the automatic sort order modifies their order.

Thank you for any and all help.

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.6.24-0+deb8u1
MySQL version: 5.5.50-0+deb8u1
Piwigo URL: http://gallerie.polyphoto.org/

#2 2016-10-26 04:05:00

Thomas Clinton
2016-05-07

Re: Photo sort order not working

*****UPDATE0*****

I tried uploading the photos as follows : yyyymmddEventTitleqw by removing the '-' between EventTitle and qw and the images seem to be in the correct order. My problem is that the other files on the website are out of order so going through all of them to change the names would be impossible. Is there a way to get Piwigo to ignore the '-' and go straight to the numerical identifier qw? It used to on our old install so I'm not sure why it isn't working on this one.

*****UPDATE1*****
After a few more tests the automatic sort order seems to simply be non functional and the above observation may in fact be a coincidence. Either way there seems to be something off with the automatic sort order.

Last edited by Thomas Clinton (2016-10-26 04:13:58)

#3 2021-06-29 22:42:46

jclifford
2019-01-06

Re: Photo sort order not working

I have had a lot of trouble trying to implement the default sort order when uploading photos.
There does not seem to be any Help information, but as of today (19th June 2021) the following procedure seems to be working correctly for me:

After uploading and managing the images, choose "Edit>Properties Page" for the album.
Click on the "Photos Sort Order" tab.
Near the bottom of the page choose "Use the default photos sort order".
Click "Save settings" - DO NOT touch "Submit" at the top of the page - I have no idea what this is supposed to do but it seems to cancel the Save Settings.

Board footer