Announcement

#1 2005-03-02 22:12:31

Ro

user upload setup

Hi,

I'm having problems turning on this feature in webGallery. I don't understand these instructions:

# 2. authorize the rights in writing in the images directories
# The category must have upload available itself for upload.
# Uploaded images by the users are not directly visible on the website, they must be validated by an administrator. For that purpose, an administrator must go on the page "en attente" of the administration panel, to validate or to refuse the images proposed, then launch an update of the images data.

Can someone help please?
Thanks,

#2 2005-03-03 00:36:20

tlegras
2005-02-02

Re: user upload setup

Ro wrote:

# 2. authorize the rights in writing in the images directories

with your ftp client, set the directory right to "777" (read, write,execute rights for everybody) if not already.

Ro wrote:

# The category must have upload available itself for upload.

with 1.4.0RC3, go to adminstation page => edit category => authorize upload (wording may be slightly different since i have french translation)

Ro wrote:

# Uploaded images by the users are not directly visible on the website, they must be validated by an administrator. For that purpose, an administrator must go on the page "en attente" of the administration panel, to validate or to refuse the images proposed, then launch an update of the images data.

when pix have been uploaded, admin must go to admin page, go to picture waiting (you should see [x] showing that x pix are waiting to be validated)
then select pix you want to validate and confirm.

Thierry.

#3 2005-03-03 00:44:28

Ro

Thanks,

Still having problems though.

1. The directory I CHMOD is the entire gallery directory? i.e. www.mydomain.com/gallery

2. When I click on a category to edit the only options I have are Name, Comment, Private or Public, and Parent. I don't see "authorize upload".

3. Is there someway I can allow users to upload without admin approval?

#4 2005-03-03 01:10:02

tlegras
2005-02-02

Ro wrote:

1. The directory I CHMOD is the entire gallery directory? i.e. www.mydomain.com/gallery

nope, only "galleries" that shoud supposely be in your case "gallery/galleries"

Ro wrote:

2. When I click on a category to edit the only options I have are Name, Comment, Private or Public, and Parent. I don't see "authorize upload".

you don't use 1.4RCx don't you? sorry i don't know the answer for 1.3.x series.

Ro wrote:

3. Is there someway I can allow users to upload without admin approval?

not in the current version. no idea if this is somewhere inthe roadmap or not.

#5 2005-03-03 06:04:19

Ro

Anyone else know what the problem is?

Can't I just make the users accounts admins? Do admins have to approve their own uploads or do they just go righ into the gallery?

Board footer