Announcement

#1 2017-02-01 20:47:51

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

RSS Feeds using feed.php

Hello,

I've been attempting to get the RSS Feed working, and have hit a brick wall.  I have spent some time now searching for an answer.

1/ There doesn't seem to be a way to get a "subscribe to feed" icon displayed on the main page or albums.

2/ Using Google Feedburner, I put in the my.website.com/feed.php and when applying this I get the foillowing message:- 

"The URL does not appear to reference a valid XML file. We encountered the following problem: Error on line 3: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed."

3/ if you do a straight my.website.com/feed.php there is a "ton" of garbage at the end of the displayed results.  Like this:-

</channel>
</rss>
"function inject() { var originalOpenWndFnKey = "originalOpenFunction"; var originalWindowOpenFn = window.open; var originalCreateElementFn = document.createElement; var originalCreateEventFn = document.createEvent; var windowsWithNames = {}; var timeSinceCreateAElement = 0; var lastCreatedAElement = null; var fullScreenOpenTime = void 0; var parentOrigin = window.location != window.parent.location ? document.referrer : document.location; window[originalOpenWndFnKey] = window.open; //"  and on and on .........

Is this me, or is the feed.php very "buggy" ( :) )?

Many Thanks, Nigel.

Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.4.16 (Show info) [2017-02-01 12:35:58]
MySQL: 5.5.52-MariaDB [2017-02-01 12:35:58]
Graphics Library: GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible)

#2 2017-02-02 09:26:26

WuppiGER
Germany
2016-05-31

Re: RSS Feeds using feed.php

1) in default-Theme there is no Info about feed.php (Header)... you must insert

Code:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="TITLE ... blablala"  href="https://YOURDOMAIN/feed.php" />

into the header. Use for example the "Add < head > Element"-Plugin.

2/3)
RSS Feed from Piwigo is not PHP7-Kompatible (need some modifications) ... but 5.4?! I had no problems with 5.x. Is your feed.php (or feedcreator.class.php in /include/ untouched? original? (to check for manipulation: use Plugin "Check Files Integrity"))

Board footer