Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » MenaltotoPiwigo - not able to delete albums or photos

#1 2017-03-29 15:28:03

Design by Sue
2017-03-27

MenaltotoPiwigo - not able to delete albums or photos

First I want to say thank you to the creator of this plugin - I was successful in transferring my photos and albums from Gallery 3 to Piwigo with very little work, compared to what I expected I would need to do.  Thanks so much!

But I do have one bug that I don't know how to overcome.  The albums and photos created by this transfer cannot be deleted.  Instead of a delete choice I have the choice of synchronise.  I have tried clicking on this and doing the synchronize but nothing changes.  How can I restore the delete option for the imported albums, or is there a manual way to do it without messing up the rest of the gallery?  Have attached a screenshot to show what I am talking about.

Piwigo version: 2.8.6
PHP version: 5.6.xx
Piwigo URL: http://www.designbysue.com/photos

Sue

#2 2017-03-29 16:42:10

eliz82
Romania
2016-04-27

Re: MenaltotoPiwigo - not able to delete albums or photos

I never tried but i don't think you can delete physical albums and photos. Only virtual.
Delete them from ftp and resynchronize , or convert physical to virtual.

#3 2017-03-29 16:51:49

Design by Sue
2017-03-27

Re: MenaltotoPiwigo - not able to delete albums or photos

Thank you so much for your reply.  So if I delete the folder for the album via FTP and then re synchronize that will remove the album but not mess up anything else I have done?  I have reorganized and renamed many of the albums to make them correct.  This was an old Gallery 2 upgraded to Gallery 3 Menalto install and the Gallery 2 had short names for the folders (not the full displayed name).  I think that was a requirement back in the dark ages for that program (though I may have just been foolish and did it that way)

Thanks
Sue

•  » Extensions
  •  » MenaltotoPiwigo - not able to delete albums or photos

Board footer