Announcement

#1 2017-03-29 18:03:29

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

[solved] install gives blank page

Hello,

On the way ove moving my server, I try to install piwigo as ordinary user (in the present one it's installed as root in main htdocs, but this gives me permission problems on updates).

It's my own server (home, fiber link), vsftp and openSUSE 42.2.

I copied piwigo to my public_html as instructed.

I use standard base (mariadb). I created usual base for my user.

When I go to this page with firefox, I get a message to give correct permissions to _data. When done I have the screen to give database values. I give them and get a blanc page, only content when looking at source is  "<pre></pre><pre></pre><pre></pre><pre></pre><pre></pre><pre>"

Tables *are* created in the base

What may I do?

Edit: I suspect a permission problem

It *is* a permission problem, if I give full permissions for anybody it works. But, of course, I can't use piwigo like this

Version de Piwigo:  la dernière
Version de PHP: 5.5.14
Version de MySQL: mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.29-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

Last edited by jdd (2017-04-11 15:44:59)

#2 2017-03-31 15:21:39

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [solved] install gives blank page

Hello
try also to force GD as the graphic library through Piwgo local config

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2017-03-31 17:38:38

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

flop25 wrote:

Hello
try also to force GD as the graphic library through Piwgo local config

proiblem is that piwigo don't install, so no graphical/web interface. Imagemagic and gd are already installed

the problem seems to be a permission problem, because it works if I give 755 for all files, but I don't mean to do this on production system

thanks
jdd

#4 2017-03-31 18:13:15

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

In fact, a message on an other question give me the answer for this one :-):

Well, at some moment I may have forgotten the "grant" command. I did it at first, but working on various problems probably missed it at a moment.

Summary:

I removed everything on my own account with filezilla.

as root (ssh term), I created the mysql user piwigo and piwigobase and "grant all on piwigobase.* to piwigo;".

Then sent the piwigo files. For this I'm on local net, so with gigabit ethernet is works very fast :-)

Then reconnected to piwigo and was asked to change the _data permissions, then go to the form.

then I got a job done message (Piwigo installed) good. However I had to fill manuall y the database config file (I remember having already such thing when installing for the first time).

So, non, it works.

Great, thansk.

May I add something? When trying to fix the problem one go very often through the first form. It's extremely awkward to have to type passwds again and again. I understand it"s necessary for database, but could the admin part of the form be split to an other page?

thanks
jdd

Board footer