Announcement

#1 2017-06-21 12:33:31

aptanet
2016-05-21

Repeated database corruption

I've been running Piwigo for a while having migrated from Gallery without any problems. Following the last update I've noticed that the site frequently crashes due to database corruption. I've been fixing the problems with myisamchk -r, but when I load a page immediately after this myisamchk reports corruption again (with just the one page load). This looks to be down to the tables not being closed properly.

For example I have just repaired a corrupt table, loaded the home page and run a myisamchk which has reported:

myisamchk: warning: 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly
MyISAM-table 'piwigo_config.MYI' is usable but should be fixed
MyISAM-table 'piwigo_history.MYI' is usable but should be fixed
MyISAM-table 'piwigo_sessions.MYI' is usable but should be fixed
MyISAM-table 'piwigo_user_cache_categories.MYI' is usable but should be fixed
MyISAM-table 'piwigo_user_cache.MYI' is usable but should be fixed
MyISAM-table 'piwigo_user_infos.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

I've not managed to find any similar issues, so does anyone have any suggestions other than rebuilding from scratch and loading my photos again (there are more than publicly available, so it isn't as easy a job as it may appear just looking at the url below).

Piwigo version: 2.9.1
PHP version: 5.5.9
MySQL version: 5.5.55
Piwigo URL: https://gallery.whaletales.co.uk/

#2 2017-06-21 13:53:40

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Repeated database corruption

Hello
the table sessions and history are more likely to be corrupted since they are the most used  in case of high traffic. But not config or user_infos, that's a bit concerning
anyway the corruption is due to the system itself; the issue could come from the hardware (too high I/O on the disk, old hard drive ...) or software (OS, mysql, ... but NOT Piwigo which only asks to the system to register the data but does not handle the how)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2017-06-21 15:07:46

aptanet
2016-05-21

I'll take a closer look, but the server is handling phpBB without corruption, as well as a couple of Wordpress sites.

The VPS has recently had a hardware refresh and is running on an SSD. It handles mail as well, but the CPU doesn't look to be under high load, and neither does the disk i/o. I shall try monitoring things and doing some tests - perhaps see if I can get a backup running on another box and see if the issue follows it.

I'm not expecting a fundamental issue with Piwigo, but was wondering whether something has become corrupted somewhere, or didn't update correctly, that is now causing further corruption (data in the database somewhere, or a file in the web directory).

Time to get my diagnostic head on and start playing.

#4 2017-06-21 16:52:40

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Are your other tables for the other CMS MyISAM or InnoDB? You may consider converting the piwigo ones to InnoDB

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer