Announcement

#1 2017-08-05 22:39:18

jason@barbanet
2017-06-14

[resolved] User with permissions cannot access album

I have a permissions related problem. I have created a user account and given that user 'user' status. The album in question is set to 'private' and the user is given permissions to access this album. But when I log in using the said account, I see only the public albums. Using the direct URL for this album renders me a log in page, but no access to the album in question.

Where do I go wrong?

//jason

Piwigo version: 2.9.0

#2 2017-08-19 19:24:36

jason@barbanet
2017-06-14

Re: [resolved] User with permissions cannot access album

Anyone have a solution?

//jason

jason@barbanet wrote:

I have a permissions related problem. I have created a user account and given that user 'user' status. The album in question is set to 'private' and the user is given permissions to access this album. But when I log in using the said account, I see only the public albums. Using the direct URL for this album renders me a log in page, but no access to the album in question.

Where do I go wrong?

//jason

Piwigo version: 2.9.0

#3 2017-08-19 22:48:42

executive
2017-08-16

1. Is the album locked?

2. Sometimes changes don't take effect right away. You could try synchronizing Piwigo, or clearing your browser cache.

3. Can you post a screenshot of the permissions page?

#4 2017-08-20 07:41:40

jason@barbanet
2017-06-14

Due to mistakes I made during implementing work-around for update problem, my piwigo is down for the moment. I have to re-install from beginning. I will report if the problem still occurs after re-installation.

//jason

#5 2017-08-21 19:33:21

jason@barbanet
2017-06-14

I have now re-installed piwigo. It uses a new MySql database. Even so, I now have the same problem with one of the albums.

I use the FTP+synchronise method for installing albums. Two of the albums where synchronised with the option "Who can see these photos?" to "Everybody", but the album that is not visible to all I synchronised with this option set to "Admins, Family, Friends, Contacts". I have proved that this is the problem since a user that i Administrator can see the album. A user that has "Privacy level" set to "---" cannot see the album, but if  the "Privacy level" is set to "Family" the album is visible for that user. The same is true for an account set to "Guest".

So, what is best practice regarding accounts privacy level and the "Who can see these photos?" option? Also, How can I change the "Who can see these photos?" option?

//jason

#6 2017-08-21 21:12:19

executive
2017-08-16

Jason,

"Privacy level" is for individual photos only.
Access to albums is controlled via "Permissions"

When you are editing the user, click the "permissions" in the top right corner, and make sure everything looks good there.

In the album in question, click the "permissions" tab and make sure the user has access.

http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … ate_albums
http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … management
http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … ission_tab

#7 2017-08-22 08:48:39

jason@barbanet
2017-06-14

executive wrote:

"Privacy level" is for individual photos only.
Access to albums is controlled via "Permissions"

Missed that subtle difference ;-)

Found the Photo Batch Manager and could see that the missed photos had an unwanted privacy level. Changed that, and now it is working as I want.

//jason

Board footer