Announcement

#1 2017-09-05 13:09:21

divedj
2017-09-05

[resolved] Piwigo giving errors after moving to backup server

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

Since my main server is making problems I try to move the whole installation to my backup server.

Steps performed:
Set up MySQL on backup server with database name and access as on main server.
Restored MySQL dump file from main on backup server.
Uploaded and unzipped PIWIGO 2.8.6 in to public_html directory of backup
On backup installation deleted the directories:
Uploads, plugins, galleries, local and template extentions.

Copied the above mentioned folders from the main server to backup.

First access brought up the installation page. After re-entering the database and administration login credentials came up the install successful message and clicking on "Visit the gallery" brought up the following Error messages:

Warning: include(/themeconf.inc.php: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/photoandcrochet/public_html/piwigo/include/template.class.php on line 1156

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/themeconf.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/photoandcrochet/public_html/piwigo/include/template.class.php on line 1156

Fatal error? Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'menubar.tpl' <-- thrown in /home/photoandcrochet/public_html/piwigo/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 139

My first guess was a problem with privileges on the backup server so I recreated the owner and group on the backup as is on the main server. I also changed all privileges on the back up as is on the main server.

The next effort was to access the admin pages to disable all plugins. That's when I found out that I can't even access the admin section.

Any help would be kindly appreciated

Piwigo version: 2.8.6
PHP version:  5.6 main, 7.0 backup
MySQL version:  5.5.57 main 5.7.19 backup
Piwigo URL: http://photoandcrochet.com
Server: Ubuntu 14.04 Webmin 1.852 main Ubuntu 16.04 Webmin 1.852

#2 2017-09-07 14:42:35

divedj
2017-09-05

Re: [resolved] Piwigo giving errors after moving to backup server

Ok, I got a little further. I am back in the admin pages. Was my own fault since I didnt type the address right.

Now, for some reason some configuration files where missing after the install page popped up and made me re-enter the log in credentials. I extracted them again from my backup file and copied them back in to the local folder. For whatever other reason the default theme was activated and the theme which I am using was missing. Reinstalled the missing theme and set as default. Also the plugin installations where missing. After reinstalling the missing plugins the website popped up.

however, now all the thumbnail images are missing. I guess the thumbnails where stored in the _data/i/2016....... same directory structure as the upload folder. Unfortunately the original _data folder is not recoverable.

Is there an easy way to resize and reinstall the original images without downloading the original, resizing it manually and uploading it into respective _data folder.

#3 2017-09-07 18:58:49

executive
2017-08-16

Did you try a synchronization?

#4 2017-09-07 20:21:05

divedj
2017-09-05

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did try. But unfortunately it doesn't change anything.

Results:
0 albums added in database
0 photos added in database,
0 albums deleted in the database
0 photos deleted from the database
0 photos updated in the database
0 errors during synchronisation

As mentioned before;
I guess that the thumbnail images are stored in the folder /_data/i/upload/.
Unfortunately this folder got unrecoverable lost during the last backup.

#5 2017-09-07 23:46:18

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

_data is for temporary stuff
and the thumbnails are created upon request If you don't see them check our Doc to debug

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#6 2017-09-08 15:22:12

divedj
2017-09-05

Thanks again,
Found the thumbnail problem. Most properly forgot to install image magic while setting up the backup server.

Board footer