Announcement

#1 2015-01-17 21:31:50

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

[resolved] Installation: connection to server ok, but not to db

Hello,

Apologies for posting a question similar to one asked back in Sept. but the solution offered there does not seem to work in my case. I am able to connect to my GoDaddy hosted site using the absolute hosting path listed in the hosting details section of my GoDaddy admin area, and adding ftp:janbecket.net to the front end (otherwise, I get a no connection message.)

I previously tried the ftps hosting path I use to connect to my site in Cyberduck, but for some reason that does not result in a valid connection.

In my GoDaddy admin area I created a mysql database called PiwigoImages and point the installer there, but the resulting message is that "connection to the database is not possible." I am able to log into the database I created on the Starfield site with the same user name and password I listed in the Piwigo install window. These are the log details above the Piwigo installation window:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in /home/content/j/a/n/janbecket/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: mysqli::select_db() [mysqli.select-db]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/content/j/a/n/janbecket/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 72

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/content/j/a/n/janbecket/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 132

Warning: my_error() [function.my-error]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/content/j/a/n/janbecket/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 822

Warning: my_error() [function.my-error]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/content/j/a/n/janbecket/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 822

Warning:  [mysql error ]
SET NAMES "utf8" in /home/content/j/a/n/janbecket/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 830

The Piwigo installation window asks for database information that my hosting site will supposedly provide. However, when I called the GoDaddy support line, I was told that they do not offer any support for non-GoDaddy installation scripts. All they are willing to do is point me to my hosting admin area. Basically Iʻm on my own.

BTW, I am currently running Gallery 3 on my site - until I can get Piwigo up and running. Could that be causing the problem?

Thanks!
- J

Piwigo version: 2.7.3
PHP version: 5
MySQL version: 5.5.33-log
Piwigo URL: http://www.janbecket.net

#2 2015-01-18 04:31:28

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

Re: [resolved] Installation: connection to server ok, but not to db

OK, that was hard. GoDaddy was the problem, or rather, my lack of familiarity with GoDaddy. The lack of responses to my thread makes me suspect that this is not common info, so Iʻll share. For those who might need the info, I discovered that:

1) It is not possible to run the netinstaller.php without first having created an additional database from within the GoDaddy Hosting Details admin area. I had already done that, fortunately. Not that hard.

2) The Piwigo installer wants the host name for the database, but the "name" is not at all obvious or apparent on the GoDaddy admin site, and GoDaddy help is amazing unhelpful with such a simple piece of information. To get the database host name, go to Hosting Details, click on databases, select the database created to house the Piwigo directory, then under "actions" select "details." The host name is at the bottom of that panel, listed as the hostname. It begins with "mysql ..."

3) With that correct host name entered, the piwigo database user name and database name (should be the same) and the password assigned to the database (not the generic admin password for the site), Piwigo installs.

#3 2015-01-18 18:29:08

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

thx
could help for godaddy users

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2017-11-24 12:12:41

net0ag
2017-11-24

i just joined the forum today, and searched for the errors like yours that i had:

Warning: mysqli::__construct() expects parameter 5 to be integer, string given in /home/dh_77dyr8/ag.com/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: mysqli::select_db(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/dh_77dyr8/ag.com/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 72

Warning: mysqli::set_charset(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/dh_77dyr8/ag.com/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 103

thank you for posting your comment about setting up SQL database at GoDaddy before running the network installer for Piwigo. i use Dreamhost, and they have a One Click installer that supposed sets up the SQL database. however, i am getting the connection to server successful, but the connection to the database was not possible.

#5 2017-11-24 12:14:19

net0ag
2017-11-24

http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22626

looks like i have wrong hostname.

Board footer