Announcement

#1 2017-12-20 17:15:25

trudeaudm
2017-12-20

Additional functionality questions.

Hello All!

Piwigo is looking really nice and I am excited to possibly start using it, but I had a few questions that I was wondering if anyone could answer.

So I was wondering about some of the abilities for Piwigo:
- Ability to integrate with an existing user database? (For login access to the galleries.)
- Ability to have multiple instances on a single server?
- Able to handle 100,000+ photos, each photo 15MB+? I am assuming there would be no issues in the software for this one, really more of a server limitation.
-Wordpress plugin? Does it have any built-in connectivity for use with Wordpress?

Looking forward to any answers!

Thanks again!

#2 2017-12-20 22:11:26

teekay
2013-06-12

Re: Additional functionality questions.

trudeaudm wrote:

Hello All!

Piwigo is looking really nice and I am excited to possibly start using it, but I had a few questions that I was wondering if anyone could answer.

So I was wondering about some of the abilities for Piwigo:
- Ability to integrate with an existing user database? (For login access to the galleries.)

There is an oAuth plugin, called Social Connect.

- Ability to have multiple instances on a single server?

Perfectly possible, using virtual hosts (and SNI). Each instance has it's own root directory and database schema.

- Able to handle 100,000+ photos, each photo 15MB+? I am assuming there would be no issues in the software for this one, really more of a server limitation.

Correct, number of possible concurrent visitors is directly related to the server's horsepower and uplink speed.

-Wordpress plugin? Does it have any built-in connectivity for use with Wordpress?

More like the other way round. AFAIK there exists some Wordpress Plugin that integrates with Piwigo using Piwigo's Webservice API.

Last edited by teekay (2017-12-20 22:18:45)

#3 2017-12-22 16:46:27

trudeaudm
2017-12-20

Re: Additional functionality questions.

Hey! Thanks for the informative reply. This will help a lot!

Board footer