Announcement

#1 2018-02-14 16:07:49

brianpb007
2018-01-12

Dreamhost upgrade of WordPress clobbered Piwigo site

Hi,

After getting an email from DreamHost regarding a WordPress upgrade, I tried to add another gallery to my existing, basic Piwigo site. I am now redirected to a WordPress admin page:
http://www.fractasia.com/wp-admin/setup-config.php

I opened a tech support ticket yesterday with DreamHost, but there has only been a canned reply.

If I just reinstall Piwigo with their 1 click installer, I wonder whether it will overwrite my site design and start from scratch.

I found the pictures from the original, Piwigo site. Many of the PHP files still say Piwigo

~/fractasia.com/about.php   says "Piwigo - a PHP based photo gallery"
grep Piwigo *.php ->
about.php action.php admin.php comments.php feed.php i.php identification.php install.php nbm.php notification.php password.php picture.php popuphelp.php profile.php qsearch.php random.php register.php search.php search_rules.php tags.php upgrade.php upgrade_feed.php ws.php

But the index.php file says    says "Front to the WordPress application.  Could this be key to restoring Piwigo?

What is the best way to restore a Piwigo site after a partial overwrite like this?

Piwigo version:   2.7.4
PHP version: 
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://Fractasia.com

#2 2018-02-14 23:00:45

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Dreamhost upgrade of WordPress clobbered Piwigo site

It sounds like you're trying to install everything into one directory. If the installer gives you the option, use subdirectories. If not, ditch the installer, and use FTP/File Manager.

#3 2018-02-14 23:53:37

brianpb007
2018-01-12

Exec,

Every gallery has its own directory.  Otherwise, your pictures would be intermingled. 

I can use Filezilla or even Dolphin file manager to put the pictures in the right directory.

The create_new_album -> add photos interface offers only a drag/drop interface  with a "start upload" button.

It seems to have copied the ones from today to:
dh/fractasia.com/upload/2018/02/14/,   << date stamped by the day

There is no conspicuous option to
>>Read images from directory>>dh/fractasia.com/Carnaval

Are you referring to some other interface which accepts already uploaded files from an arbitrary, cloud location?

#4 2018-02-15 00:25:24

executive
2017-08-16

No, Piwigo and Wordpress should be kept separate. Dreamhost needs to help you with this.

Board footer