Announcement

#1 2018-03-14 20:08:17

ByersMedia
2018-03-14

Kudos, Applause, and Frustration

Greetings Piwigo Masters

I just spent several hours scouring the internet for photo galleries using php. I must have tested 80 of them using their demo link and I could not find one that has the features, look and feel, and the community support like Piwigo has.

I was hoping to find an alternative option to Piwigo, but unfortunately, there really is nothing that compares.

Congratulations Piwigo. You Rock.

However; this creates a dilemma for me as I am also frustrated with Piwigo as I am unable to get the videos to work after many months of trying. I just cannot find the right formula, recipe, and configuration. Though it is posted that it will work.

Been using Piwigo for over a year and everything about Piwigo is absolutely awesome... Well, still figuring out the theme thing for the admin and then the users and a few other things, but they are not major issues.

And I do not really need to have videos, would be nice since it is available, right?

Anyway, I know this is a weird way to give kudos, applause, and vent my frustration.

Thank you Piwigo!!!

- gerald

Piwigo version: 2.9.3
PHP version: 5.4.45
MySQL version: 5.5.51-38.2
Piwigo URL: (several)
http://thatsbyers.com/mediabox/
http://sierracustomcutting.com/yfp/
and more...

Last edited by ByersMedia (2018-03-14 20:14:38)

#2 2018-03-15 07:09:00

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Kudos, Applause, and Frustration

Personally, I find it better to upload my videos to youtube, and then embed them in my Piwigo gallery. They stream much faster, they don't take up any hosting disk space, and the viewer can select any resolution they want

#3 2018-03-15 10:03:34

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello
thank you

I've just added VideoJS and set:

$conf['upload_form_all_types'] = true;
// file_ext : file extensions (case sensitive) authorized
$conf['file_ext'] = array_merge(
  $conf['picture_ext'],
  array('tiff', 'tif','mpg','mp4','MP4','zip','avi','mp3','ogg','pdf','mkv','MKV','AVI')
  );

of course you need teh requirements from https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-videojs

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2018-03-30 23:37:56

ByersMedia
2018-03-14

executive wrote:

Personally, I find it better to upload my videos to youtube, and then embed them in my Piwigo gallery. They stream much faster, they don't take up any hosting disk space, and the viewer can select any resolution they want

Interesting. Did not know you could do that on here.
So then I guess we can also add them from vimeo as well?

#5 2018-03-31 08:51:55

executive
2017-08-16

#6 2018-04-02 20:20:54

ByersMedia
2018-03-14

Thank you, I will give it a try when I get time to concentrate on it.

Piwigo is awesome, but I have realized that it does take some knowledge and know-how to maintain and operate it. Course you could go on the basics, but my father in law wants this and that and... then he screws his up and i have to fix it. :D

peace all.

Last edited by ByersMedia (2018-04-02 20:21:12)

#7 2019-09-05 21:05:29

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

sorry for bump, but I was searching.

Just switched to bootstrap dar theme and formerly used GreyDragon. Zero vidoes issued before bootstrap, now I am in a jungle of required plugins, server settings and software changes and what not to get back the functionality in Bootstrap dark...

Used [extension by mistic100] Embedded Videos but now I seem to have to redo everythyng, but VideoJS do not even find my vidoes, keeps telling me I am asking it to do nothing...

I should add, the videos play, but only if I let the links open a new blank page, outside the album layout, which is horrible.

Piwigo 2.9.5
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 7.3.
MySQL: 10.1.41-MariaDB
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.7.8-9

Last edited by homdax (2019-09-05 21:56:12)

Board footer