Announcement

#1 2018-04-07 19:47:42

Daljit68
2018-03-30

Creating a random slideshow on homepage

Hi

I'd like to install a slideshow on my homepage, which randomly selects images from my image directory.  How best can i achieve this result?

I believe the coding to partly enable already exists, having come across these two examples:

http://georgesbarrephotographies.piwigo.com/

http://nicolasdavidenko.piwigo.com/

However, i'm only looking to show the slideshow on the bottom half of my homepage (and random images too).

I'm aware of the related plugsin Fotorama and Menu Random Photo (which places a photo in the menu bar).

Currently, i'm thinking the best way forward is to use coding from Menu Random Photo, and themes that have a slideshow on the homepage, to create what i'm looking for.

Any advice/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Daljit

Piwigo version:
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2018-04-07 20:30:28

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Creating a random slideshow on homepage

Hi:-)

Activate plugin Extended Description

Go to administration > Plugins > Extended description

part : Insert a carousel

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2018-04-08 09:40:10

Daljit68
2018-03-30

Hi

Thanks for the advice - which sounds as if it's just what i'm looking for.  I'm relatively new to Piwigo and web development in general... How do i insert this code (from Extended Description plugin):

[slider album=123 nb_images=10 random=true size=M speed=3 title=false effect=fade arrows=true elastic=false control=true thumbs_size=80]

...into my homepage, and position the carousel correctly? 

The plugin does state 'Now you can use all its features in most text boxes of Piwigo.' 

Should i be using the Local Files Editor plugin too?

Cheers

Daljit

#4 2018-04-08 10:01:45

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

Activate plugin Aditional Page

new page since model

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2018-04-08 13:14:57

Daljit68
2018-03-30

Perfect, thank you.

Daljit

#6 2021-02-12 15:42:03

catalano
2021-02-12

I know this thread is a bit old, but I was looking to do the same thing, insert an autoplaying slideshow into an existing page with other content. I installed both plugins, but the only way I could figure out how to insert the slideshow into an existing page was to view the 'homepage' from within the plugin configuration screen in Additional Pages and copy the resulting URL and then put in into an iframe on my desired page. It sort of works, but it doesn't resize the slideshow to the size of the iframe, and it certainly isn't responsive.

Am I doing this wrong?

#7 2021-02-13 01:28:34

ckayfish
2021-01-25

I use the Bootstrap Darkroom template, along with the Additional Pages, and this tip to create a "slide show" on the home page.

https://github.com/tkuther/piwigo-boots … ent-images

I'm not sure exactly how to customize this API call to get random images rather than the most recent, but surely a piwigo dev could offer some advice.

Code:

/* the api URL, no need to change this */
var pwg_api = pwg_root + 'ws.php?format=json&method=pwg.categories.getImages&recursive=true&per_page=10&recursive=true&order=date_available_desc';

--- devOps engineer; sometimes coder. I make your apps run with 99.999% uptime ---

#8 2021-02-13 01:58:44

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Note that you have recursive=true unnecessarily twice in there (already the page you linked to has it).
However, replacing order=date_available_desc (which btw is wrong and should read order=date_available%20desc instead for the most recent images) with order=random should do.
You can lookup the possible parameters and arguments when browsing to your piwigo/tools/ws.htm and picking the pwg.categories.getImages method.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#9 2021-02-13 03:09:49

ckayfish
2021-01-25

Thanks @erAck, I've changed mine to use 20 random

--- devOps engineer; sometimes coder. I make your apps run with 99.999% uptime ---

#10 2021-02-15 17:05:41

catalano
2021-02-12

Ok, I tried the method suggested in the GitHub. I created the new page as a 'homepage' and then inserted that url into an iframe on my existing content page. It works but I get the whole header area of the new page displaying in the iframe. If I make the new page a standalone page it doesn't work.

Board footer