Announcement

#1 2019-03-06 15:26:58

aleekr
2019-03-06

possible? Merge tags and title - So that tags alter the title

Hello,

Im a new user and trying to find a content system that matches my needs, so far Piwigo seems almost perfect. However i wound love to merge the tagsystem with title, so that when i tag the picture in 'Batch Manager' the exact same tags gets added as the title as well. So that when exporting the picture out of Piwigo i essentially keep the tags.

With the massive customization Piwigo seem to have, this surely must be possible?

help would be much appreciated!

using: piwigo.com at the moment, dont know if there is a difference with the .org version.
Piwigo version: 2.9.4  (i think)

#2 2019-03-06 17:14:00

Aderalia
2019-03-04

Re: possible? Merge tags and title - So that tags alter the title

To my knowing the Piwigo Tags only exist inside the Piwigo Database.

You could write them into the IPTC Section of your Files tho (at least for .jpg) using this plugin:
http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=769

To me that seems a bit more elegant :)

There might be other, better solutions out there, im also fairly new to piwigo :)

#3 2019-03-08 13:13:55

aleekr
2019-03-06

Thanks for the reply!
But what you're suggesting is still a manuell process? (adding meta), i would love for the tags to also get added as meta data or even just get added to the file name, simultaneously as you add Tags, so that when exported you could use search to find the specific image.

Gotta look more into how to add plugins, hehe. can't seem to add the plugin you suggested.

#4 2019-03-12 12:24:57

Aderalia
2019-03-04

Yes, using the Plugin would be a Manual process, im not sure if there is a way to automate that.

Oh i missed that you are using pwigo.com, to get certain plugins enabled you have to drop them a mail or contact the piwigo.com support in some way. (From my experience they can provide help with almost everything regarding plugins etc.)

Since piwigo.com is taking care of storing you pictures anyhow i am wondering why you need your metadata outside of piwigo anyway? (Apart from paranoia of course).

If its just for backup reasons you might be able to pull the entire database and keep a local copy.

Board footer