Announcement

#1 2019-04-10 17:42:38

meegja
The Netherlands
2013-11-18

How to get uploaded image directly first in album

Hello

Tried to search for it but could not find it.
When I upload an image, it always it send to the last place in the album. So each time I manually set it to be the first. Is there a way that that happens automatic?
Under Options I have set the Default Photo Order at "Date Posted: New => Old" ... but even when I change that to "Old => New", it doesn't matter: every image I upload is getting placed at the end of the album.
This is no new problem, has always been this way but I just now wondered :)

Piwigo version: 2.9.5

#2 2019-04-11 01:11:42

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: How to get uploaded image directly first in album

I have default Date created, old -> new, and some specific albums with automatic order Date created, new -> old; that works. I presume that Date posted, new -> old as automatic order would work as well. Note that under Admin Albums Manage the manual order is always the upload order unless rearranged, but the normal gallery view is sorted according to the settings (or the sort order set in the album view).

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2019-04-11 17:15:15

meegja
The Netherlands
2013-11-18

I use Piwigo just as my own online gallery, users can not post. So when I upload an image, it is always as Admin. But no matter what I try: when I upload an image, it is always shown as last at the end of the album. No matter what album.
Also what you describe (that Admin Album Manage) does not work. The only way to get the newest images in front is to go to "Edit Album / Photos Sort Order" and then manually drag and drop that images from last to first.

#4 2019-04-11 19:11:04

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

there might be multiple causes here :
-be sure when viewing the album on the public side you don't have set a specific sorting
-when changing the sorting option on the admin page, the list of thumbnails you see for the manual ordering is not refreshed, but on the public side it is
-when creating a new album, you might need to set again your sorting option: i don't remember and couldn't find out on my gallery quickly the answer

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer