Announcement

#1 2019-07-22 12:00:08

Voriondev
2019-07-09

Piwigo Remote Sync 1.0 beta-testing

Hello Piwigo users !

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Valentin, and I joined the Piwigo Dev Team 2 weeks ago as a Java Developer. My job is to improve your experience when using our apps, this is why I started with a refresh of a Piwigo Remote Sync. I'll keep up with the Android App which is currently still in development phase.

We are proud to release the first beta for the version 1.0 of Piwigo Remote Sync.
Therefore, feedbacks would be very appreciated as PRS is still in a “beta” phase.

Reminder:

Piwigo Remote Sync is a tool which enables you to upload a whole folder of photos on your Piwigo.
The folder to upload needs to be filled with subfolders which will be converted into Piwigo albums (and subalbums if you have some folders into your subfolders).
As PRS is written in Java, you should be able to use it on any computer using Java, whatever operating system is installed.

1) What’s new ?
* The entire UI has been reviewed
* Changed method for file uploading (which was deprecated)
* Fixed a bug where photos outside of a directory (considered as an album) would have been uploaded and   were orphans
* Fixed encoding issues with any characters
* Debug log is now only shown when prompted by the user

2) Screenshots

http://sandbox.piwigo.com/uploads/4/y/1/4y1zzhnrnw//2019/07/19/20190719160350-ae92aa73.png

http://sandbox.piwigo.com/uploads/4/y/1/4y1zzhnrnw//2019/07/19/20190719160351-67c4095c.png

http://sandbox.piwigo.com/uploads/4/y/1/4y1zzhnrnw//2019/07/19/20190719160351-9e4aa111.png

http://sandbox.piwigo.com/uploads/4/y/1/4y1zzhnrnw//2019/07/19/20190719160743-7f8ba535.png

3) Known issues

* Image ratio could be incorrect depending the PC / Java Version
* OpenJDK is badly supported, please use JRE / JDK instead.

4) Let’s test !

You can download Piwigo Remote Sync here below:

Piwigo Remote Sync

For those who would be interested, the source code is available on Github.
You can either report your issues in the beta testing forum or in the “Issues” section on the link above.

Thank you !

Last edited by Voriondev (2019-07-23 09:18:18)

#2 2019-07-22 16:32:03

eliz82
Romania
2016-04-27

Re: Piwigo Remote Sync 1.0 beta-testing

I have download the jar file from the piwigo site.
I have executed the jar ... nothing happens.
Windows 7 x64 SP2 with JRE Version 8 Update 91 installed

#3 2019-07-23 07:55:50

executive
2017-08-16

I think you forgot the link

https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo-Java/releases

Seems to work OK on my Mac.

Personally, I don't have much use for sync. I just upload my jpegs once and then delete them from my computer. I keep RAW masters on an offline hard drive.

Last edited by executive (2019-07-23 08:06:14)

#4 2019-07-23 09:27:07

Voriondev
2019-07-09

eliz82 wrote:

I have download the jar file from the piwigo site.
I have executed the jar ... nothing happens.
Windows 7 x64 SP2 with JRE Version 8 Update 91 installed

Hello, thank you for reporting me your issue !
Have you tried opening it with:
« Right Click > Open with.. > Java SE Runtime Environment » ?

Or better, with CMD:

« Windows Key + R > type "cmd" (without quotes) > it should have opened a command prompt > type "java -jar " then drag and drop your .jar file on the command prompt window and press enter »

executive wrote:

I think you forgot the link

https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo-Java/releases

Seems to work OK on my Mac.

Personally, I don't have much use for sync. I just upload my jpegs once and then delete them from my computer. I keep RAW masters on an offline hard drive.

Absolutely !

I broke the hyperlink since I copied and paste this from my notes.

That is fixed, thank you.

Thank you very much for your feedback, it’s very appreciated !

Could you please give me details on your Mac if possible ?
(Java Version and OS X Version would be great.)

#5 2019-07-23 15:45:10

executive
2017-08-16

java version "11.0.2" 2019-01-15 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.2+9-LTS)

MacOS 10.14.5

#6 2019-07-23 19:22:35

eliz82
Romania
2016-04-27

Voriondev wrote:

Weird stuff ... seems you are right. When i right click -> open with -> JRE then the program is launching fine. However when double left click the jar fine nothing happens, even JRE is set to open jar extensions.

@edit:
i just checked other JAR files, example
https://sourceforge.net/projects/geotag … tag/0.094/
this jar file seems to be launched by double click them.

are u sure is not something wrong with your JAR file?

Last edited by eliz82 (2019-07-23 19:28:17)

#7 2019-07-25 11:38:36

Voriondev
2019-07-09

eliz82 wrote:

Voriondev wrote:

Weird stuff ... seems you are right. When i right click -> open with -> JRE then the program is launching fine. However when double left click the jar fine nothing happens, even JRE is set to open jar extensions.

@edit:
i just checked other JAR files, example
https://sourceforge.net/projects/geotag … tag/0.094/
this jar file seems to be launched by double click them.

are u sure is not something wrong with your JAR file?

Hello eliz82,

This is weird for sure. I'm able to open it just with a double click on it on both my MacBook Pro and my Windows PC..

(Running OS X 10.14.5 and Windows 10, JRE 12 and 8 respectively).

I can take a look, but I can't explain it yet.

#8 2020-11-28 18:16:00

vj99
2020-11-28

Thanks for producing this.  Seems promising.
Feedback comments:

1) It would be great to have some idea of progress - even just an incrementing upload count.  If you are doing a lot of photos it would be nice to know how far along you are.  If the photos are high res and you have a slow connection, some indication of progress would be good.

2) If it fails you get NO info.  Just a big tick icon and 0 uploaded, 0 created.  Not helpful.

3) Sub-albums are not created, all albums are created at the top level.  That's ok, just not what I expected.  Perhaps in future you could have an option to allow either creating sub-Albums or current behavior with all albums created at the top level.

4) The name 'sync' is misleading.  People may think that it keeps photos on your computer and on the server in sync - including deleting files on the computer if they are deleted on the server, or maybe deleting files on the server if they are removed from the upload folder on the computer.  I love it that is only uploads, and does NOT delete files.

5) The show log button stays grey, clicking on it does nothing.  From the terminal I saw:

Code:

10:54:16.284 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG o.p.remotesync.ui.swing.RemotesyncUI - Initialize RemotesyncUI window
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The EDIT action is not supported on the current platform!
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Desktop.checkActionSupport(Desktop.java:380)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Desktop.edit(Desktop.java:458)
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.ui.swing.MainUI.openLogFile(MainUI.java:175)
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.ui.swing.FinishUI.actionPerformed(FinishUI.java:92)
  at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
  at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2308)
  at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
  at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
  at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:279)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:297)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6635)
  at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3342)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6400)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5011)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2772)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
  at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
  at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
  at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
  at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

On Linux Mint 20, 64 bit, mate 1.24
openjdk version "11.0.9.1" 2020-11-04
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.9.1+1-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.9.1+1-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04, mixed mode, sharing)

#9 2021-01-14 23:29:29

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Some initial comments:

I was able to double-click the downloaded JAR file and the application launched (Windows 10, Java version 1.8.0_271).

I agree a status/progress bar would be nice (love the image preview, though!).

None of my photos uploaded (albums were created), these errors in the log:

Code:

17:24:43.095 [Thread-5] ERROR o.p.r.api.sync.ConnectedWalker - Cannot upload image for C:\Users\jeremy\Downloads\piwigo-test\2\IMG_8701.JPG
org.piwigo.remotesync.api.exception.ServerException: Missing "method" name (code 501)
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.WSClient.checkStatusCode(WSClient.java:141) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.WSClient.getXmlResponse(WSClient.java:122) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.WSClient.doSendRequest(WSClient.java:97) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.AbstractClient.sendRequest(AbstractClient.java:26) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.WSClient.sendRequest(WSClient.java:79) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.ConnectedWalker.createImage(ConnectedWalker.java:114) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.SyncDirectoryWalker.handleFile(SyncDirectoryWalker.java:75) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.apache.commons.io.DirectoryWalker.walk(DirectoryWalker.java:367) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.apache.commons.io.DirectoryWalker.walk(DirectoryWalker.java:364) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.apache.commons.io.DirectoryWalker.walk(DirectoryWalker.java:335) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.SyncDirectoryWalker.walk(SyncDirectoryWalker.java:81) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.SyncJob.doExecute(SyncJob.java:43) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.Job.execute(Job.java:28) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.Job$1.run(Job.java:39) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_271]
17:24:43.096 [Thread-5] INFO  o.p.r.api.sync.SyncDirectoryWalker - Uploading IMG_8722.JPG in album with ID 79
17:25:05.207 [Thread-5] DEBUG o.p.remotesync.api.client.WSClient - XmlContent : {"jsonrpc" : "2.0", "error" : {"code": 103, "message": "Failed to move uploaded file."}, "id" : "id"}
17:25:05.207 [Thread-5] DEBUG o.p.remotesync.api.client.WSClient - Class : org.piwigo.remotesync.api.response.ServerResponse 
17:25:05.207 [Thread-5] ERROR o.p.remotesync.api.client.WSClient - Unable to parse response
javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_271]
  at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLEventReaderImpl.nextEvent(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_271]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.StreamReader.read(StreamReader.java:110) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.StreamReader.read(StreamReader.java:122) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.StreamReader.next(StreamReader.java:94) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeReader.readElement(NodeReader.java:111) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeReader.readRoot(NodeReader.java:85) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeBuilder.read(NodeBuilder.java:84) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeBuilder.read(NodeBuilder.java:71) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:562) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:499) ~[remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.WSClient.parseResponse(WSClient.java:232) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.WSClient.doSendRequest(WSClient.java:100) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.AbstractClient.sendRequest(AbstractClient.java:26) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.client.WSClient.sendRequest(WSClient.java:79) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.ConnectedWalker.createImage(ConnectedWalker.java:114) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.SyncDirectoryWalker.handleFile(SyncDirectoryWalker.java:75) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.apache.commons.io.DirectoryWalker.walk(DirectoryWalker.java:367) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.apache.commons.io.DirectoryWalker.walk(DirectoryWalker.java:364) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.apache.commons.io.DirectoryWalker.walk(DirectoryWalker.java:335) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.SyncDirectoryWalker.walk(SyncDirectoryWalker.java:81) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.sync.SyncJob.doExecute(SyncJob.java:43) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.Job.execute(Job.java:28) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at org.piwigo.remotesync.api.Job$1.run(Job.java:39) [remotesync-ui.jar:1.0]
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_271]

This was against my v11 test gallery.

Board footer