Announcement

#1 2019-08-17 09:46:19

J0nny
2017-12-15

non recoverable error - Couldn't fetch mysqli

Hi, I woke up this morning to find two separate installations of Piwigo not working. I have made no recent changes and suspect my host has changed something. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is one URL-

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused inxxxxxx
/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in xxxxx  include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in xxxx    include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837
Piwigo encountered a non recoverable error
[mysql error ]
Can't connect to server

#1    my_error xxxxx   /include/common.inc.php(128)
#2    include_oncexxx    index.php(26)

(xxx added in url )

I get the same error when trying to go to the admin page. I dont know what version of piwigo I have but it i set to automatically update and so should be the latest . Perhaps there has been a piwigo update last night?

Curiously I am unable to log into the data base management of my web host which suggests they have messed something up. I am awaiting support from my web host.  In the mean time I am in full panic mode ! ;o)

Last edited by J0nny (2019-08-17 10:20:38)

#2 2019-08-17 10:18:38

J0nny
2017-12-15

Re: non recoverable error - Couldn't fetch mysqli

Problem fixed, for anyone else with the same problem, it was  a server problem and so outside my control. The my internet host said the following:-

I apologize for the trouble. It appears there was an issue with the
server your database is hosted on. I restarted the MySQL process and both
the URLs you provided are loading now.

Fortunately I have a very good host and they fixed this quickly. I once had a host that took hours to respond to support emails.

#3 2019-08-27 21:49:29

Davids
Basingstoke, UK
2010-02-04

I have had exactly the same experience with exactly the same error messages. I contacted the hosting service who claim that Piwigo is configured for MySQLi whilst it should be configured for MySQL and that this is the root cause of the problem. My gallery is now inaccessible. Help!

#4 2019-08-28 07:31:18

executive
2017-08-16

update 'database.inc.php' with the correct server settings (or let the hosters do it if they messed things up)

#5 2019-08-28 14:59:02

Davids
Basingstoke, UK
2010-02-04

Thanks Executive. Partially sorted by updating 'database.inc.php' but still had 1045 error which was finally sorted by hoster. Pretty sure there was some funny stuff going on at hoster as I havent touched the gallery in months. Anyway all is back to normal now.

Board footer