•  » Themes
  •  » [Theme] GreyDragon Theme

#301 2019-09-03 13:50:25

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

Re: [Theme] GreyDragon Theme

I think I found a bug.

Not sure if it is the Theme or the plugin for Social buttons. This: http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=673

When not using descriptions in Albums the image flow stops vertically at the edge of Social Buttons.

See the first image below

http://homeworldaccess.net/images/screenshot_2019-09-03_at_133858.png

When using a description the album images flow all the way to the right, as intended.

See the second image below

http://homeworldaccess.net/images/screenshot_2019-09-03_at_134936.png

Last edited by homdax (2019-09-03 20:55:41)

#302 2019-09-28 20:39:34

Serge D
US
2014-07-15

Hi all,

I am assembling 1.3.3 version of the theme but I will hold until official release of 2.10

So far the following items are in

+ Verified for PHP 7.3
+ Updated to use FontAwesome 5.11.2
+ Validated support for PIWIGO 2.10

I have seen some suggested improvements and "hacks" to improve integration with certain plugins. If you have any particular suggestions you would like me to make into the core, please PM me and point at particular comment or share the code snippet.

#303 2019-09-29 10:06:32

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

I am happy to see you are still working on this and look forward to an updated release.

I was testing Boostrap Dark, but the lack of video support is a showstopper. In my opinion, you could just go ahead and rip some layout and compatibility stuff of bootstrap dark and implement in your theme and the result would probably be awesome.

#304 2019-10-04 22:49:33

Serge D
US
2014-07-15

homdax wrote:

I am happy to see you are still working on this and look forward to an updated release.

I was testing Boostrap Dark, but the lack of video support is a showstopper. In my opinion, you could just go ahead and rip some layout and compatibility stuff of bootstrap dark and implement in your theme and the result would probably be awesome.

Shouldn't it go to teekay?

yes, I am entertaining the idea of the new theme altogether with some "non-piwigo" model, but it would require some effort... especially maintaining various plugin integrations

#305 2019-10-05 08:49:08

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

I have asked Teekay, but he does not seem to be willing to develop that functionality.

While I do understand that you may have different approaches on this, I am faced with one theme that has some shortcomings and another theme that has another set of shortcomings. At least from my perspective, I hope you guys understand that.

#306 2019-10-05 20:29:12

Serge D
US
2014-07-15

could you highlight shortcoming of GreyDragon theme?

#307 2019-10-08 19:12:10

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

Bit of a challenge, just upped to 2.10 and a bit busy with that.

In general I am happy with the theme, it took my adaptations and colour scheme and used them, a sub theme. However, defining what is done by the theme and what is done by the core is a bit hard.

I could just say, bootstrap is looking great, it requires work of course, and I fear I would have to resort to more coding to get it right, and I just don't want to, not a single hyphen or bracket. I don't want to edit css, that should be in the theme controls, with colourboxes, font variants and what not. Box positioning without editing values (look up Concrete5 CMS).

The most irritating thing I am facing right now is the complex procedure to be able to upload and see mp4 files. That would be core, but why do Youtube links work in GreyDragon and not in bootstrap? it must be theme related as well.

As a core function you can use hooks in Piwigo, but I never did. To me it is almost as bad as code. In Drupal you have a dropdown box of existing elements that you can choose to insert, you don't have to bother with the syntax. In PHP-Fusion you have a similar positioning box thing, albeit not as advanced as Concrete5, but I have been running and editing sites with PHP-Fusion for 14 years.

Again, this is a mix of core and theme I guess. Take your pick, working with the layout base is one thing, working with how it should look is another. I have yet to see something that would make me excited, there are always drawbacks. I stumble over having to learn how to compile LESS to edit style sheets. Sorry, I will not do that, one system out the window.

Keep it simple, keep it user friendly, use blocks, make that extra effort to let your users customise your code without having to touch it, without having to worry about security updates, as long as they do update the stuff in sequence and within reasonable time.

Last edited by homdax (2019-10-08 19:40:03)

#308 2019-10-08 19:50:58

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

I actually stumbled over one or two things.

When browsing pictures that are huge, we are talking 4K resolutions here there is no good way to handle theme, the overall site width cuts them off and I don't really know what to do about it. We want to keep a fixed width, yet we want to let people see all available sizes up to huge (original opens a new window. Maybe...hmmm... if the size of the selected image exceeds the width of the site it should open a new window regardless of selection... count the pixels.

The browsing icons are a bit dated, could be made a bit larger perhaps, maybe even selectable sets in theme settings.

Feel free to browse an album with 100% unedited 4K images.
https://www.homeworldshots.net/picture. … -c-l-y-s-m
Vary the sizes and you'll get the issues.

Also, adding something to the photo page? You are looking at a picture on the upper part of it (at reduced size, like L or S) and 60% of the screen is empty. What could one do about that? A slider or carousel in the lower third?

Again, content in blocks, perhaps.

#309 2019-10-09 00:10:04

teekay
2013-06-12

homdax wrote:

... but why do Youtube links work in GreyDragon and not in bootstrap? it must be theme related as well.

relates to

Serge D wrote:

yes, I am entertaining the idea of the new theme altogether with some "non-piwigo" model, but it would require some effort... especially maintaining various plugin integrations

That's already an issue with e.g. a bootstrap based theme vs. plugins that expect a certain DOM structure so they can inject themselves using preg_replace.

#310 2019-10-09 04:28:17

PEU
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2017-02-12

Hi Serge and TK

After updating to 2.10 and enabling plugin after plugin I "discovered" that gdThumb is responsible for adding the photo id of each photo inside category view, I wonder if its possible to add this photo id to each photo when viewed at its full size, something like this:

I posted this as a plugin request, but now I see that the plugin is done, maybe a CSS modification will do, I'm not a coder, not sure if its CSS

This was the explanation for the request: Many times when speaking over the phone about a photo its not easy to communicate the exact one to chat about it.

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/xdK7GVi.png

#311 2019-10-09 16:38:23

benjaro5
2019-10-09

I don't know if this question is for here.
I'm searching a fast theme, I'm a little confused.

Always smile!

#312 2019-10-11 08:29:34

huebi
Southgermany
2014-08-15

Hi,

for me Greydragon works fine with pwigi 2.10, the only thing is a small prfoblem with the version check. GD thinks 2.10 is smaller than 2.7 which mathematically is correct :) But now is have a red checkmark besides the version in the config page.

Departs from that, everything is fine. Again thank you for this great theme and keeping it up to date for such a long time.

//huebi

#313 2019-10-11 10:31:27

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

huebi wrote:

Hi,

for me Greydragon works fine with pwigi 2.10, the only thing is a small prfoblem with the version check. GD thinks 2.10 is smaller than 2.7 which mathematically is correct :) But now is have a red checkmark besides the version in the config page.
//huebi

Verified. It does that. First I thought it would prevent it from working at all, but fortunately that was not the case.

#314 2019-10-17 10:24:33

top10bookie
viet nam
2019-10-17

The theme is quite light and easy to use, thank the owner.

#315 2019-11-15 06:13:12

Serge D
US
2014-07-15

Hi folks

2.10 is a high number and did require some adjustments so I decided to refresh the theme

1.3.3 is now available

+ Verified for PHP 7.3
+ Updated to use FontAwesome 5.11.2
+ Added support for PIWIGO 2.10.x - PIWIGO version parsing

Enjoy

•  » Themes
  •  » [Theme] GreyDragon Theme

Board footer