Announcement

#1 2019-12-01 05:27:01

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

403 errors when editing album settings, setting config options

Hello fellow Piwigans,

I haven't upgraded yet to the latest Piwigo version, everything has been generally working on my existing site on WHC.CA. However, they just migrated a bunch of domains to a new server, mine is one of them, and suddenly my Piwigo install is partially broken.

I uploaded a bunch of photos, all good. Tried to edit the details / titles in single mode rather than group, and when I pressed enter, I got a "403 error" saying I couldn't access that on my server. Weird. Went back to batch mode, worked fine. Okaaaay.

Went back to the album and tried editing the description, well put one in anyway, and when I went to save, it threw the same 403 error. I searched on here, found another item where someone had a similar issue in CONFIG options (https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29707) also with WHC.CA, but that thread seems dead and old.

WHC.CA sent me a message saying "solved", went in, all good. 6 hours later, 403 error again. Mssged them, again fixed in .htaccess, worked. 3 hours later, nope, not working.

I've turned off caching on the site, checked a bunch of file settings, all seems the same as ever. I had a problem awhile back with PHP versions, it is set to 7.0, but I tried reverting to something like 5.6 with no luck. I've turned off all my WordPress plugins (the main WP install on my site uses the same .htaccess file with Piwigo in a subfolder, and once before the .htaccess file messed it up when a previous WP security plugin was corrupting the .htaccess file). Nothing changes. Still getting 403 errors every time I try to change it.

Anyone have any suggestions of where else to look? I tried disabling all my Piwigo plugins, no difference. I'm hesitant to try an upgrade in case it gets half way through and something fails. I have put way too much work into file naming and descriptions on the site...

Paul

(Here your message)

Piwigo version:
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2019-12-01 06:25:02

executive
2017-08-16

Re: 403 errors when editing album settings, setting config options

I'll bet it has to do with the coexistence with Wordpress.

I am using Wordpress as well, and the htaccess mod rewrite rules are messing with my other software, even in subdirectories.

Board footer