Announcement

#1 2016-10-06 09:38:46

maksibec
2016-10-06

Set privacy level for newly registered users

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have been using Piwigo for some three years now and I still appreciate the great work you do, thanks!

I have a question regarding the automatically set privacy level of newly registered users. I use the simple pre-provided scheme of

Contacts
Friends
Family
Admins

as this works just well for my needs. However, my photos are set to at least privacy level contacts (except for the album cover of each photo which is public for preview purposes). And new users are set to privacy level blank which means that after registration they still have to wait for me to upgrade their privacy level in order to see any more photos. So:

Is there a way to automatically set the privacy level for new users?

In my case contacts would be fine, as they would get to see lots of photos upon registration and even many more once upgraded by me (which sometimes takes me a day or two).

Thanks for your advice,

Max

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.5.1
MySQL version: 5.1.73-log
Piwigo URL: https://maksibec.tucana.uberspace.de/piwigo/

#2 2020-02-13 19:10:24

JAK
2013-07-07

Re: Set privacy level for newly registered users

maksibec wrote:

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have been using Piwigo for some three years now and I still appreciate the great work you do, thanks!

I have a question regarding the automatically set privacy level of newly registered users. I use the simple pre-provided scheme of

Contacts
Friends
Family
Admins

as this works just well for my needs. However, my photos are set to at least privacy level contacts (except for the album cover of each photo which is public for preview purposes). And new users are set to privacy level blank which means that after registration they still have to wait for me to upgrade their privacy level in order to see any more photos. So:

Is there a way to automatically set the privacy level for new users?

In my case contacts would be fine, as they would get to see lots of photos upon registration and even many more once upgraded by me (which sometimes takes me a day or two).

Thanks for your advice,

Max

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.5.1
MySQL version: 5.1.73-log
Piwigo URL: https://maksibec.tucana.uberspace.de/piwigo/

Hi,
It seems this feature has been discussed over the years but never implemented.
It really would be useful to have an option to automatically set the privacy level of new registrations, eg to 'Contacts' without admin intervention.
Thank you.

Board footer