Announcement

#1 2020-03-06 11:15:45

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

Error during upload from iPhone using mobile app

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have been very happy with Piwigo and have used it for about 7 years.  I have a few hundred photos on an iPhone which I would like to upload to my Piwigo gallery which I self-host.  When I try, the upload starts, then Mobile App throws the error:

Upload Error
Could not upload your photo.  Error: Request failed:  unacceptable content-type: text/html

I have the Community Plugin functioning. The error occurs with no plugins or with several plugins active.  I have checked my nginx logs, and php-fpm logs.  No help.  Not sure what to try next.  I am using the latest php versions, nginx versions and mysql 8.0.  Server is running on FreeBSD.

Uploading in general works fine to/from a desktop or laptop computer.  Anybody else run into this problem? It would help my user base tremendously to have the Mobile App upload feature working.

Thanks in advance.  Love the product!

Piwigo version: 2.10.1
PHP version: 7.2
MySQL version: 8.0
Piwigo URL:

#2 2020-03-08 06:07:14

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

Re: Error during upload from iPhone using mobile app

Solved my own problem.  I created a new FreeBSD jail, reinstalled Piwigo from scratch, and uploading worked, at first.  I then linked the jail to the existing photos database using the fstab method (mounts the photos filesystem in the jail), and the problem returned.  Checked permissions for the mounted filesystem containing the existing photos and found that they were incorrect (root, needed to be the appropriate user).  Fixed permissions and voila!  Uploading from the iPhone now works as it is supposed to.  Problem was with my server, not the software.

Perhaps others will benefit from my experience.  If you attach a filesystem with existing photos to a new installation of Piwigo, check permissions!

#3 2020-03-09 07:07:42

cryopad
Piwigo Team
Grenoble, France
2015-11-01

Re: Error during upload from iPhone using mobile app

Hi 2otherjobs,

We are glad to learn that you could fix the issue and thank you for having shared your experience.

Cheers

If you enjoy Piwigo for iOS…
➤ We would appreciate an AppStore review.
➤ Comments, suggestions ? Tell us on GitHub…
➤ Not yet available in your language ? Help us translate it…

Board footer