Announcement

#1 2020-07-01 13:32:06

Eddejessup
2020-07-01

Square thumbs on Elegant theme

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

Hi, took me a while to register, the captcha kept getting blanked out so couldn't proceed.

So far I am enjoying PWG, have managed to sort out most of the issues I had with it, but some still remain. The one at the top of the list is how to get square thumbnails on the Elegant theme. I've searched the forums, tried CSS from different themes, looked online, and just can't do it, it so much spoils the look of the site.

To be clear, these are the thumbnails on the main page only for the categories. I have the Gthumbs extension installed for album thumbnails.

I thought I might use the category template from the modus theme, but obviously that needs CSS from there as well, so that just threw errors.

My second question relates to how to run PWG when it's installed in a subfolder.  On wordpress you can tell it where it's installed, and anyone visiting the main domain goes to the site. I've set up a redirect from the cpanel but is there another solution?

My third question is how to change the word photo to picture? I read through the information here about creating a local language file, but although it changes in the main sections, the menus still show the word photos. My gallery is for fractal art, so photos isn't really the right word. Again for clarity it's saying things like upload photo, edit photo, random photo etc that I'd like to change on the menu blocks.

Piwigo version: Latest
PHP version: 7
MySQL version: no idea
Piwigo URL: http:// private for now.

#2 2020-07-02 06:15:23

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Square thumbs on Elegant theme

re: redirect visitors to subfolder

You didn't tell us anything about your server software, but you will probably need a mod rewrite directive either in your server software, or in a local .htaccess file. I can't remember exact syntax off the top of my head, but I'm sure a cursory web search will get you exactly what you need.

To replace all the wording, you'll need to change all the template files.

#3 2020-07-02 10:32:42

Eddejessup
2020-07-01

Thanks for taking the time to respond, .htaccess is what I have at the moment, so I think all should be good it redirects root requests to the subfolder.

I looked at the template files, some have the words hard coded, others grab from language files. Didn't really want to modify those. Anyway, thanks for that.

Anyone got an idea about how to do the square thumbs in the elegant theme? Other themes manage it, but ny CSS fiddling got me nowhere.

#4 2020-07-02 13:20:05

Eddejessup
2020-07-01

After so much fiddling around, I solved it, or at least I think I have.. (equal square sized images on the Elegant theme). CSS heads will probably say should've done this or the other, but it's working after a few days of trying different things.

.even .illustration img {
        display: block;
border: none;
max-height:145px;
    min-height:145px;
    max-width:100%;
    min-width:100%;

}
.odd .illustration img {
        display: block;
border: none;
max-height:145px;
    min-height:145px;
    max-width:100%;
    min-width:100%;

}

Last edited by Eddejessup (2020-07-02 13:22:46)

Board footer