Announcement

#1 2020-08-04 06:17:48

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

Issues with Ubuntu 20.04.01 LTS and PHP 7.4

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have just rebuilt a server (non-production at moment) using Ubuntu 20.04.01. Unfortunately ( :) ) there seems to be a few issues when trying to use PHP 7.4. The two I have caught are:  Additional Pages and PWG Stuffs.

Piwigo version: Piwigo 2.10.2
PHP version: 7.4.8
MySQL version: 8.0.21
Ubuntu 20.04.01 LTS

Warning:  [mysql error 1064] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'groups, level, permalink, standalone
FROM piwigo_additionalpages
WHERE id = 9' at line 1
SELECT id, title, lang, content, users, groups, level, permalink, standalone
FROM piwigo_additionalpages
WHERE id = 9; in /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on bool in /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php:220 Stack trace: #0 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/plugins/AdditionalPages/additional_page.php(39): pwg_db_fetch_assoc() #1 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/plugins/AdditionalPages/main.inc.php(68): include('/home/soft-focu...') #2 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/functions_plugins.inc.php(264): section_init_additional_page() #3 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/section_init.inc.php(637): trigger_notify() #4 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/index.php(12): include('/home/soft-focu...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery-adult.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 220

Warning:  [mysql error 1064] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'groups, show_title, id_line, width
FROM piwigo_stuffs
LEFT JOIN piwigo_user_gr' at line 1

SELECT DISTINCT id, name, path, datas, groups, show_title, id_line, width
FROM piwigo_stuffs
LEFT JOIN piwigo_user_group
  ON user_id = 2
WHERE (users IS NULL OR users LIKE "%guest%")
  AND (groups IS NULL OR groups REGEXP CONCAT("(^|,)",group_id,"(,|$)"))
  AND level <= 0
  AND on_home = "true"
ORDER BY pos ASC
; in /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on bool in /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php:220 Stack trace: #0 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/plugins/PWG_Stuffs/class.inc.php(73): pwg_db_fetch_assoc() #1 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/plugins/PWG_Stuffs/class.inc.php(35): stuffs->get_modules() #2 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/plugins/PWG_Stuffs/main.inc.php(53): stuffs->__construct() #3 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/functions_plugins.inc.php(264): load_stuffs() #4 /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/index.php(28): trigger_notify() #5 {main} thrown in /home/soft-focus-imagining/domains/gallery.soft-focus-imagining.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 220

#2 2020-08-04 19:04:42

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

Re: Issues with Ubuntu 20.04.01 LTS and PHP 7.4

This morning I commented out in plugins directory - AdditionalPages and PWG_Stuff, to circumvent that code ...

PIWIGO then opened with no issues (except for a couple of PHP messages at top of screen)..

I did look in the apache error logs, but there was no additional information to pass on.

I wish I had the PHP knowledge to correct what's wrong, sadly I don't.

Nigel.

Last edited by Nigel-Aves (2020-08-04 19:06:56)

#3 2020-08-04 19:40:40

executive
2017-08-16

#4 2020-08-04 21:59:57

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

@executive ,

I tried following the instructions in the link but could never get to update. Always came back with "Upto Date"

AdditionalPages was at version 2.7.A  (I tried 2.9.A)
PLG_Stuffs was at version 2.9.A  (I tried 2.10.A)

Nothing ever came back to needing an update.

(added) I also tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the two plugins. No luck.

Nigel.

Last edited by Nigel-Aves (2020-08-05 18:25:57)

Board footer