Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Merge upload and galleries folders?

#1 2020-09-23 20:54:24

QCTX
2020-09-23

Merge upload and galleries folders?

Hello,

I'm using Piwigo bundled with Yunohost distribution at home. With my server, I also own a NAS to store my files and I mounted the shares on the server through NFS.
After redirecting the folders "galleries", "upload" and "_data" to the shares, I put some folder into the "galleries" and the albums are showing, everything is working fine, I'm happy.

However, thing take a strange turn when I try to upload files from my phone through the Android Piwigo app. I started by creating a new album, in which I uploaded my photos. No problem with the app, all seems to work fine.
But, when I reached my NAS, there wasn't a new folder in "galleries" and no traces of my photos in it. Instead, I found the files in a sub-folders/date architecture in the "upload" directory. Why? That's not what I needed. I wanted to continue the management of my file through the the already existing "galleries" sub-folders. If I upload my files to an album, I expect to find them in a folder with the album name exactly where I created it. I can understand the "virtual folders" thing, but that's not the problem here.

I tried the upload through the web admin interface only to notice the same problem. Is there a way to tell Piwigo to store my files where I want them and not where he decided them better to be in my stead? The idea behind that is to manage the files positioning only through my access to the NAS and to have the acces management only managed through Piwigo.

Is it something like "not a bug, but a feature"? Or can I change this behavior somewhere?

Piwigo version: 2.10.2~ynh1
PHP version: 7.3-fpm
MySQL version: ??
Piwigo URL:

#2 2020-09-24 04:57:16

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Merge upload and galleries folders?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2020-09-24 14:19:19

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Merge upload and galleries folders?

Read the documentation How To Add Pictures ... by FTP.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

•  » Requests
  •  » Merge upload and galleries folders?

Board footer