•  » Extensions
  •  » Repair and Optimize Database throws warnings clustered index

#1 2020-11-02 18:00:31

BMS
2015-12-24

Repair and Optimize Database throws warnings clustered index

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

When running Repair and Optimize Database I got following Message:

Warning:  [mysql error 1105] ORDER BY ignored as there is a user-defined clustered index in the table 'pi_amm_blocks'
ALTER TABLE pi_amm_blocks ORDER BY id; in /var/www/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856

This is a table created by the Advanced Menu Manager plugin. The optimisation attempts to sort the table pi_amm_blocks by id. This is rejected by MySql as this table is already sorted by the (clustered) index.

I removed the Advanced Menu Manager plugin and re-ran Repair and Optimize Database and now received the folowing message:

Warning:  [mysql error 1105] ORDER BY ignored as there is a user-defined clustered index in the table 'pi_gpc_request'
ALTER TABLE pi_gpc_request ORDER BY id; in /var/www/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856

This is a table created by the Grum Plugins Classes plugin. Also here sorting on a table with a clustered index is rejected.

I removed the Grum Plugins Classes plugin, reran Repair and Optimize Database and now receive the folowing message:

Warning:  [mysql error 1105] ORDER BY ignored as there is a user-defined clustered index in the table 'pi_stuffs'
ALTER TABLE pi_stuffs ORDER BY id; in /var/www/html/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856

This is a table created by the PWG Stuffs plugin. Again sorting on a table with a clustered index is rejected.
I removed the PWG Stuffs plugin , reran Repair and Optimize Database and now the job is completed without mysql error 1105

Re-installing the plugins one by one resulted with the same issue; sorting of a table with a clustered index is rejected.

Never the less despite the warnings Piwigo operates fine, but according to Piwigo's Repair and Optimize Database module with a sub-optimum sorting of these tables.
For me the frustrating part is that running the repair and optimization results in warnings and as a result me having to remove plugins until I get the message that optimisation was successful.

Either the plugins need to be modified so no clustered indexes are created in tables or Piwigo has to change the Repair and Optimize Database module such that tables with clustered indexes are skipped from re-sorting.

Any suggestions?

Piwigo 2.10.2
    PHP: 7.3.11
    MySQL: 5.5.5-10.3.13-MariaDB
    ImageMagick 6.9.10-68

#2 2021-05-16 16:08:47

BMS
2015-12-24

Re: Repair and Optimize Database throws warnings clustered index

After Upgrade to Piwigo 11.5.0 this issue no longer exists!

•  » Extensions
  •  » Repair and Optimize Database throws warnings clustered index

Board footer