Announcement

#1 2020-12-18 22:30:22

rpyne
2020-12-12

How do I find the album ID?

Greetings,

I am new to Piwigo, having just migrated from a menalto Gallery almost 15,000 pictures in several hundred albums. I'm now wanting to convert to virtual albums so I can rearrange and add more pictures.

I am looking at using VirtualizeAlbumById to work through the process as I have time. It asks for an AlbumID, and after several hours of searching, both in my Piwigo site administration, and on-line, I have been unable to find where to get the ID for an existing physical album.

Also, if I add photos by ftp, where should I put them? Will I need to add them under the galleries directory, synchronize, and then virtualize, or should I put them in the upload directory and syncronize?

I am open to suggestions and insights. The next question will be how to move photos and albums once they have been virtualized. So far, everything I am finding in how-tos are more advertisements for hosting on Piwigo.com than they are actual how-to.

Thank you for any help.

Piwigo URL: http://galley.kinfolk.org

#2 2020-12-20 04:46:42

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Re: How do I find the album ID?

Couple ways to find the album id:

- in the browser's address bar (ex. index.php?/category/389, 389 is the currently viewed album's id)
- on the album's property page (ex. "Numeric identifier : 389")
- use SQL to select the album name from the 'categories' table and get the id that way

I use exclusively physical albums so I can't answer your other virtualize questions, sorry!

#3 2020-12-20 15:09:39

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: How do I find the album ID?

rpyne wrote:

Also, if I add photos by ftp, where should I put them? Will I need to add them under the galleries directory, synchronize, and then virtualize, or should I put them in the upload directory and syncronize?

Synchronize only works on folders and images under the galleries/ directory and possibly other directories added to Site manager.

upload/ is used for, well, uploading through API and by uploader applications, and when physical albums are virtualized.

The next question will be how to move photos and albums once they have been virtualized.

If you virtualize from physical albums then one virtual album should be created for each physical directory, containing its images (and subdirectories). Once virtualized you can assign images and albums to any number of virtual albums without moving them physically. You can use the Batch Manager to mass re-assign images.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

Board footer