•  » Extensions
  •  » Problems with the rights management of the Community plugin

#1 2021-01-22 15:03:27

JonasFS
2021-01-22

Problems with the rights management of the Community plugin

Hello Piwigo-Community,

i have a problem using the community plugin in this usecase:
My registered users are allowed by the plugin to upload photos and create albums in a private album (they also have the trustlevel for instant publishing). But when they do so, they themselves cannot see their pictures or their album. This is because the uploaded album only gets access rights for the admins by default as it seems.

Is there any way to change that, in order for "normal users" to upload in a private album and see their fotos?

Thanks for your time & have a nice day
Jonas

Plugon-version: 2.10.b
Piwigo 2.10.2
PHP: 7.4.14
MySQL: 5.7.32

#2 2021-01-22 21:27:27

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Problems with the rights management of the Community plugin

Look in the permissions tab for the album, and check the permission tab of the user.

#3 2021-01-22 21:53:04

JonasFS
2021-01-22

Re: Problems with the rights management of the Community plugin

Thanks for the reply, so I found a solution for my first problem, which was that users could not see the photos they posted themselves, that has cleared up now. It just did not work because I was uploading/testing everything signed in as admin but using the AdminTool's toolbar.

Would it also be possible to have a user upload a new album and everyone within the group that is allowed to see the superior album is allowed to access the new album. In other words that a new user generated album inherits the permissions from its superior?

•  » Extensions
  •  » Problems with the rights management of the Community plugin

Board footer