Announcement

#1 2021-01-26 07:21:45

ckayfish
2021-01-25

Tip - Allow Users to create sub-albums in their User Albums Only

Hello folks

I had come across a of frustration of users not being able to create sub-albums in their "User Album Only", and came across this on github: [Github] Piwigo-community issue #20

My site is intended for my extended family, and maybe close friends, to have a place to store and share pictures. In other words, a relatively small site with finite users that I know well. However, a number of them aren't all that keen with detail, and some of them may even like to screw with each other. So allowing them to upload and create sub-albums anywhere in "Community" isn't a good option, but I still want them to create them in their own user album.

So, default permission is "Any Registered User" in "User Album only". Unfortunately, this removes the options of allowing them to create sub albums. Then, as users are onboarded I can create create a new permission for each specific user, set "where" to be their specific album, and then I can select the options to give them the ability to create sub-folders.

It's a workaround, and a manual one, but it suits my needs. Commercially oriented sites could consider this a a feature for only certain classes of users, like a standard account gives them one user folder, and a premium account allows them to organize their photos into sub-albums

--- devOps engineer; sometimes coder. I make your apps run with 99.999% uptime ---

#2 2021-01-26 10:46:32

JaneKing
SPAMMER
2021-01-21

Re: Tip - Allow Users to create sub-albums in their User Albums Only

Bug fixed on [Subversion] r19654 (apply it by hand on your gallery if you can). I will release a new version of Community for this bug. Hope it helps you.

#3 2021-02-07 08:30:36

ckayfish
2021-01-25

@JaneKing, where is your subversion or github branch

https://github.com/plegall/Piwigo-community

--- devOps engineer; sometimes coder. I make your apps run with 99.999% uptime ---

#4 2022-03-28 21:28:17

DCStalls
2022-03-25

Any updates on this?  I am facing the same problem.  We are using Piwigo and the Community plugin as a place for family to collaborate on photos - but they cannot create new albums under their own album.

Board footer