Announcement

#1 2021-02-05 17:30:06

Salocin.TEN
2021-02-05

Invalid Security Token on uploading large amount of photos.

Hi,

I am having issues uploading a large amount of photos since updating to the latest version 11.2.0

It seems to error half of them with a series of "Invalid security token". E.g. instead of uploading 50 photos, it only uploads 25.
Is it a known issue because it did not happen with the previous version.

Piwigo 11.2.0
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 7.4.14  [2021-02-05 16:28:35]
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.4.14-MariaDB-log [2021-02-05 16:28:35]
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.10-68

#2 2021-02-05 17:34:39

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Invalid Security Token on uploading large amount of photos.

Hi Salocin.TEN,

The web upload form has not changed much in Piwigo 11 compared to 2.10. I haven't heard of any specific issue on it yet (but it doesn't mean there is none).

Does it happen with any web browser?
Does it happen on the last photos or on "some photos"?
Are you behind a proxy with several IP addresses?

#3 2021-02-06 01:59:15

ckayfish
2021-01-25

In the Admin panel, under Maintenance, beside your PHP version, Click Show Info. Check these values

Code:

memory_limit - When uploading pictures, PHP holds the entire thing in memory, along with everything else PHP needs in memory

upload_max_filesize - This should be large enough for the largest file you expect to upload, but less than the memory limit

max_execution_time - Default is 30 seconds. This may need to be increased if you need to upload larger files and. I dont know if Piwigo also needs to create the thumbnails etc during this time, or if that happens later in the background.

FastCGI also has a timeout that I believe defaults to 30 seconds, how you modify that depends on your web server.

I'm guessing your error may be related to either the PHP or FastCGI timeout, but can't know for sure. Are these failed upload working for more than 30 seconds?

--- devOps engineer; sometimes coder. I make your apps run with 99.999% uptime ---

#4 2021-02-07 17:26:51

Salocin.TEN
2021-02-05

plg wrote:

Hi Salocin.TEN,

The web upload form has not changed much in Piwigo 11 compared to 2.10. I haven't heard of any specific issue on it yet (but it doesn't mean there is none).

Does it happen with any web browser?
Does it happen on the last photos or on "some photos"?
Are you behind a proxy with several IP addresses?

Hi plg,

Thanks for your reply. Was using Google Chrome. I have tried it on Mozilla Firefox and the form appears quite haywire with the upload button just reloading the page.

Have changed the server settings as per @ckayfish but still has the Invalid security token message.

I noticed that if you upload too many photos at once, it will have that error message. I think perhaps more than 100 photos.
Also upon creating albums, a blank page appears with just 2 links saying identification and home, where identification leads to an identification.php file.

Sometimes when logging in, it appends a port 80 to the URL.

These issues never occurred before the upgrade.

Board footer