Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » What does it take to upgrade a plugin to support version 11?

#1 2021-02-22 12:47:23

mosher
2020-11-10

What does it take to upgrade a plugin to support version 11?

I know the answer likely varies by plugin, but what in general is needed to change for plugins to support version 11?

My understanding is version 11 is basically version 2.11. Is it likely many plugins just need to be tested and, if no issues are found, updating the supported versions list? Can any plugin authors speak to how difficult the upgrade process was?

The comments on [Forum, topic 30882] Piwigo 11 suggests a number of users found essential plugins have not been upgraded. I'm in the same boat, and looking at the two key plugins I need it seems unlikely the authors will upgrade them any time soon ([Github] UserAdvManager issue #6 and [Github] piwigo-videojs issue #171).

Last edited by mosher (2021-02-22 12:48:17)

#2 2021-02-23 22:10:57

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Re: What does it take to upgrade a plugin to support version 11?

For myself, once plg posted about the changes (link) and making sure extensions were updated (link), I just tested my extension as-is with the beta release to make sure it was still functional. I made the minor "has settings" change and then uploaded a new version tagged as compatible with v11.

Like you said, different extensions might have had different amount of work necessary, but for me it was straightforward.

I run two Piwigo sites ... one where I always install the latest version (including betas) and my primary "stable" site. So I was able to make sure my extension worked in my beta/sandbox site before creating the new version for everyone. Maybe you can spin up a second Piwigo test site and see if those two extensions you need actually work fine in v11?

Last edited by windracer (2021-02-23 22:11:28)

•  » Extensions
  •  » What does it take to upgrade a plugin to support version 11?

Board footer