Announcement

#1 2021-04-29 18:23:22

zigjack
2021-04-29

Symlink over network

Hello there :)

I am trying to install Piwigo at home, I have progressed well, but now I am in a dead end...
My point is that I installed Piwigo in a dedicated VM into Proxmox and I'd like that Piwigo retrieves my photos hosted in my NAS (using FreeNAS) on which I have of course setup SMB in order to access it from any computer in the local network. I have almost 1TB of photos...

I've red a lot about symlink (in this forum and elsewhere) which seems to be the appropriate way to redirect folders for Piwigo. The point here is that my Piwigo is under a specific local IP and my NAS is under another local IP.

Am I understanding correctly that in this kind of configuration symlink would not be able to import only the folder link to Piwigo so as to avoid duplicating the files?
If yes, is there any way to do it with this kind of configuration?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help :)

Best regards

Zig

#2 2021-04-30 13:07:28

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Symlink over network

Symbolic links can only be established across mounted file systems, not arbitrary computers in a network. However, if the device is accessible via SMB then mounting as CIFS and symlinking folders should work as well.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2021-05-01 15:46:35

zigjack
2021-04-29

CIFS mounting was indeed my missing link, thank you for that :)

Next step, when I am starting to synchronize, Piwigo seems to complain of missing space and other points I am not sure to get, I have the below message on a white screen:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /var/www/html/photos/admin/site_update.php on line 519

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28672 bytes) in /var/www/html/photos/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 250

Warning: Unknown: Cannot call session save handler in a recursive manner in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: /var/lib/php/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

My VM has 64GB HDD and 4GB of RAM (was only 1 at beginning, but tried to increase if it could help... it doesnt...), so I am not really sure to understand the errors I am seeing...

Any advice?
And thanks again :)

Zig

#4 2021-05-01 16:26:20

zigjack
2021-04-29

Finally figure out the memory error thanks to this thread
https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27887

But now I have countless other errors...
Let's deep dive :)

Board footer