Announcement

#1 2021-04-07 10:41:26

ofajardo
2021-04-07

Android app not uploading videos

Hi,

I am new to Piwigo and really loving it so far!

There is one thing tough I wish I could do: uploading videos from my android phone. My primary use for piwigo will be saving photos and videos I take with my phone to piwigo so that I can free space in my phone.

I have set up things in the server so that I can upload videos, and it does work from my computer, and actually it also does from the phone using the browser (although very unconvienently). When using the Piwigo Android app however, when I try to upload a video, when I go into a folder in the phone, videos (and other kind of files not being photos) are greyed out, so that I cannot select them for uploading.

I know I am not the only one having the issue, since I have seen an issue in github about the same problem ([Github] Piwigo-Android issue #266), but since there is no answer yet confirming it is a bug, and in the description of the Android app it says it should be able to upload videos, I was wondering if maybe it is working for others, and there is a trick to activate it you could share.

Thanks in advance!

Environment:

Piwigo 11.4.0
PHP: 7.3.27-1~deb10u1
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.3.27-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
ImageMagick 6.9.10-23
Android app version: 1.0.2

Piwigo URL: I have not opened the ports so it is not reachable from internet

#2 2021-08-12 18:46:47

Piwigoo
2021-08-12

Re: Android app not uploading videos

Hi,
Unfortunately I have the same problem. Any Ideas? In the iOS App it’s working…

#3 2021-08-14 15:16:46

strathdaigeil
2021-08-14

Re: Android app not uploading videos

Having this issue as well.  The only remedy I have found it to give all android users Admin access.

Board footer