Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Save Sub-albums sorting preferences not working

#1 2021-09-04 20:31:26

Kiwino
2021-09-04

Save Sub-albums sorting preferences not working

Hello folks,

I'm using Piwigo 11.5 for quite some time (great product by the way) and I have something that annoys me so much in the newer versions that I had to come talk about it (I don't think that this wasn't working on older versions).

So, to reproduce what I'm talking about :
Use the sort method (Z-A) for sub-albums named "yyyy-mm-dd - some topic" inside an Album (this works).
Then, create a new sub-albums named "yyyy-mm-dd - topic" (where yyyy-mm-dd is the most recent date of all your sub-albums) to that album and you will see that this sub-album will be at the end of the sub-albums list instead of being at the top.
This drives me nuts each time I add sub-albums, because finding the place where the sub-album sort method is located is not natural to me. (I'm expecting to find that parameter in the "manage" album menu, not in the "move" album menu.

So to fix this, I have to go back to the move album menu and reapply the Z-A sort order to the sub albums and then the newest sub album just created is once again at the top of the list.

If you could fix that bug, it would make me really happy !

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Kind regards,

Last edited by Kiwino (2021-09-04 20:31:41)

#2 2021-09-09 04:18:16

erw
2021-08-02

Re: Save Sub-albums sorting preferences not working

I am having a similar problem.
I set an album to sort by (date posted Old to New) and that works but the change is not saved. If I return to the album I get a different sort order.

•  » Requests
  •  » Save Sub-albums sorting preferences not working

Board footer