#1 2021-11-23 13:03:34

jeyare
2021-11-21

Sync of Galleries errors

Piwigo 12.1 by linuxserver container
MySQL 8.0.22 origin container

./galery/galleries as the target of symlinked source created by 'mount --bind '

Sync simulation is working but:
- I found some errors during the simulation, e.g. file/directory name containing forbidden characters. Changed, no longer appear in the error list.
- I found some errors which I can't resolve. Here is the list of them:

Warning: opendir(./galleries/NokiaPhotos): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/include/functions.php on line 608

Warning: opendir(./galleries/Filmaren_Shared): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/include/functions.php on line 608

Warning: opendir(./galleries/Ado_Edits): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/include/functions.php on line 608

Warning: opendir(./galleries/LightroomJRCatalogue): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/include/functions.php on line 608

Warning: opendir(./galleries/NokiaPhotos): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/site_reader_local.php on line 70

Warning: opendir(./galleries/Filmaren_Shared): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/site_reader_local.php on line 70

Warning: opendir(./galleries/Ado_Edits): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/site_reader_local.php on line 70

Warning: opendir(./galleries/LightroomJRCatalogue): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /gallery/admin/site_reader_local.php on line 70

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /gallery/admin/site_reader_local.php on line 111

Note:
All of them have the same permissions as all accepted directories/files from the sync (more than 60k files in 1k folders). Checked and to be sure redefined by chown. And do not contain any prohibited characters. Confirmed also by accepted name changes (described above).

Q:
1. Is there something like a detailed Sync log? Where I can find it?

I prepared a quick test:
'test' directory created in ./gallery
3 photos were added to the folder. All with just alphanumeric char in the names.
Created new Site in Piwigo Site manager, called 'test'
Running sync of the Site (simulation).
Result: no errors, as expected
then Sync of the site again w/o simulation
Result: no errors, as expected
but

0 albums added in the database
0 photos added in the database
0 albums deleted in the database
0 photos deleted from the database
0 photos updated in the database
0 errors during synchronization

Something is wrong with my setup?
Thx for a help

#2 2021-11-23 13:20:45

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Sync of Galleries errors

> Warning: opendir(...): failed to open dir

Make sure the web server user actually has permissions to traverse and read those directories.

> All of them have the same permissions as all accepted directories/files from the sync (more than 60k files in 1k folders). Checked and to be sure redefined by chown.

So what are the permissions and what user and group is the web server running as, and is an entire tree mounted with bind or individual directories? The sentence "./galery/galleries as the target of symlinked source created by 'mount --bind '" doesn't make much sense to me. What exactly? What is the difference between directories that can be synced/accessed and those that can't?

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2021-11-23 14:00:56

jeyare
2021-11-21

@erAck
thx for the fast reply.

Step by step to your Q:

1. container is running with defined PUID/PGID
these PUID/PGID are the same as used in the Symlink source
there are two mounted volumes:
<path to piwigo>/config:/config
<path to piwigo>/gallery:/gallery

2. there is just a single symlink that has been created by:
mount --bind 'source' 'target'
where the target is:
<path to piwigo>/gallery/galleries ... same as the mounted volume from the container
where the source is = my smb within the same NAS just from diff volume than the mounted <path to piwigo>/gallery/galleries
again ... all the directories and files have the same PUID/PGID as the container. Checked.

3. Some extended checks:
find -nouser within the /gallery/galleries .... nothing discovered for type d or f

find diff users than the defined PUID/PGID within the /gallery/galleries .... nothing discovered

Code:

find path/piwigo/gallery/galleries \! -user PUID

Then all of the data in the /gallery/galleries contain with 100% sure just single PUID

4. Webserver user:

erAck wrote:

Make sure the web server user actually has permissions to traverse and read those directories.

to be sure the webserver is nginx and its error log contains just the rendered errors from my screen.
And:
- follow my initial 'chown' to achieve the same PUID/PGID within the /gallery/galleries content
- follow nouser test
- follow different PUID tests
there is no way to get diff permissions in the results (above).

5. Difference:

erAck wrote:

What is the difference between directories that can be synced/accessed and those that can't?

I've been through this many times, none of them is diff from the rest (accepted).
When some of the directory names were renamed (forbidden characters) no one from them was discovered again in the error screen. Then it  works.

Last edited by jeyare (2021-11-23 14:15:07)

#4 2021-11-23 14:16:06

jeyare
2021-11-21

still one opened question:
- is there a detailed log from the sync? .. except the nginx error.log

#5 2021-11-23 14:59:34

jeyare
2021-11-21

got it
listed folders don't have read permission for the PUID. My shame.
sorry for a disturbing

#6 2021-11-23 15:10:46

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

I was already about to ask the actual permissions again as ownership without them doesn't say much..
Good you sorted that out :)

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

Board footer