Announcement

#1 2021-12-26 10:17:12

Metro
2021-12-26

Uploading issues

Recently upgraded, and now have an issue with uploads.

My uploads never complete and it you go to navigate away from uploads you have to click the okay I want to cancel the uploads.

If you click the cancel button it doesnt seem to acknowledge it.

If I check the uploads are their but the interface basically says uploads are stuck and never got uploaded.

It always used to work but now, well its broken....

Anyone else having any issues similar to this ?

#2 2021-12-30 10:48:03

Chr.Schulenberg
2021-12-28

Re: Uploading issues

Hi,

yes, I'm facing the same issue. Importing photos never finishes "normaly". If I switch to a different menu item, e.g. Albums, I get the warning, that I will lose my changes in photos, if I leave the current import page. If ignore that massage, goto some ther subpage, close the browser, enter Piwigo Album page, all my pictures, i want to import are there.

More info:

1. Cancel button at the bottom of the Add Photo page is not responding.
2. Browser: Firefox 95.0.2
3. OS: Windows 11 with with XAMPP installation
4. Some jpg Files, I took with my Smartphone are imported correctly. The jpgs I have issues with are exports from Lightroom and Capture One
5. Same problems with Opera browser

Update:
It seems, the jpgs I don't have problems with, have no EXIF and/or IPTC data (jpegs from Smmartphone). The exported jpegs from Capture One include a lot of different EXIF and IPTC values. May be, the problem is related to this.

Very strange.

Last edited by Chr.Schulenberg (2021-12-30 11:13:47)

#3 2021-12-30 11:29:20

Chr.Schulenberg
2021-12-28

Hi,

I tracked the issue down to the configuration for IPTC fields usage. In my "config.inc.php", I use the follwing config additions, I've found here in the forum:

$conf['show_iptc'] = true;

$conf['show_iptc_mapping'] = array(
  'Info'                   => '2#005',
  'Airline'                => '2#120',
  );

$conf['use_iptc'] = true;

$conf['use_iptc_mapping'] = array(
  'metainfo'              => '2#005',
  'airline'               => '2#120'
  );

The first one, show IPTC data does not block the import. But switching on IPTC usage makes the difference. Import will be blocked for some reason. Can someone please confirm?

#4 2021-12-30 14:12:42

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

I don't know where you got the info or made up the associations yourself, but the use_iptc_mapping names must be valid column names in table piwigo_images. There is no metainfo nor airline column, those would be name (for 2#005) and comment (for 2#120) instead. See include/config_default.inc.php for preset associations. You may want to deactivate the date_creation mapping because it overrides the EXIF DateTime value.

Wrong column names will likely cause some misbehavior and definitely not import metadata as intended.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#5 2021-12-31 13:25:12

Chr.Schulenberg
2021-12-28

Hi,

ok, that works. My fault. I thought I could name the fields as I like. With that change, import works well.

Thanks,
Christian

Board footer