Announcement

#1 2021-12-28 23:29:30

alexmrb
Toronto, Canada
2021-12-28

[resolved] Problem with Extension (Write Metadata)

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of redoing my Piwigo instance, after my old one stopped working properly.

In the process, I'm having some issues.

Problem:
I've uploaded all of my pictures to the "galleries" folder, and I've synchronized them through the admin panel. I can see all the photos, so I assume synchronization was a success.

Some of my photos don't have keywords embedded in the IPTC field, so I'm trying to embed IPTC keywords using the "Write Metadata" extension by plg: https://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=769.

When I try to use the extension on photos I upload through the web uploader, the embedding works properly. But when I try to use the extension on photos in the galleries folder, it doesn't work: The embedding of the keywords simply doesn't happen.

What I've tried:
1. Using the "Virtualization" plugin to move photos into the "upload" folder. Didn't work. (EDIT: What I mean is that running the plugin causes my site to time-out, and photos are not moved to "upload". I think this has to do with the fact that it's simply an intensive process and causes a timeout).

2. Manually synchronizing metadata after adding keywords to a photo. Still no success.

Anyone experienced this issue?

If I find a fix, I'll post it here.

Specs/details:
Piwigo version: 12.1.0 (Latest available to me)

Last edited by alexmrb (2021-12-29 00:02:43)

#2 2021-12-29 05:10:54

alexmrb
Toronto, Canada
2021-12-28

Re: [resolved] Problem with Extension (Write Metadata)

Problem solved!

It had to do with permissions assigned to the galleries and upload folders. After redeploying the Docker stack with the proper UIDs and GIDs (I'm using the linuxserver/piwigo docker image), the user and group were changed and everything seems to be working.

Also, I changed the permissions for the /upload directory to the proper permissions.

Board footer