Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » AlloyPhoto Lightroom to Piwigo export plugin - no serial number

#1 2022-01-04 22:28:17

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

AlloyPhoto Lightroom to Piwigo export plugin - no serial number

Greetings,

I just upgraded to Lightroom Classic with an OS upgrade to Mac Monterey. I had been using the AlloyPhoto export plugin for years with Lightroom 6. Great product.

When Lightroom is upgraded, it is necessary to purchase a new AlloyPhoto license. No problem with that, except that Vladimir at AlloyPhoto did not send the serial number after my purchase a week ago. He does not respond to emails and has a contact form on alloyphoto.com that does not function. He has been quick to respond in the past and in fact released a new version of the plugin in October.

Does anyone have information?

Related to my experience, I discovered an old thread from 2019 on the fr.piwigo site that mirrors my current situation, with Vladimir and his site unresponsive for a time. Apparently his site was being ported to a new server, there were some connection problems and people did not receive their serial numbers after purchase. It would be odd for this to happen again so soon. In any case, I have pasted below my question on the fr.piwigo forum.

Jan

Encore des embetêments avec Vladimir. Ça marchais toujours bien avec Lightroom 6, mais je viens de reacheter son plugin pour Lightroom Classic. Vladimir ne m'avais pas communiqué le clé depuis une semaine. Il ne répond pas au email. Quoi faire?

Piwigo 12.2.0 Check for upgrade
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 7.4.27 (Show info) [2022-01-04 21:05:46]
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.2.41-MariaDB-log [2022-01-04 13:05:46]
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-68
Cache size 729.04 Mo   calculated 2 months ago Refresh
Activated plugin list 8
Additional Pages
Admin Tools
Edit Filename
Extended Description
External Reference
gdThumb
LocalFiles Editor
Take A Tour of Your Piwigo

Piwigo URL: https://www.janbecket.net/piwigo

#2 2022-01-04 22:36:57

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

Re: AlloyPhoto Lightroom to Piwigo export plugin - no serial number

Additional information:

My Safari browser is warning me that alloyphoto.com has had an expired certificate for 121 days and is now unsafe to visit. That does not sound like a good thing.

#3 2022-01-05 16:54:43

BigW
2022-01-05

I came here with the same problem. I bought the plugin 10 days ago but did not receive a serial number, got an error trying to generate it from the web site, and have had no response to emails or contact via the webform. Trying to send a message via the webform today now also gives an error.

It is starting to look like abandonware... I really would like to get the unrestricted plugin, but it seems like the only option is to dispute the PayPal transaction.

#4 2022-01-07 05:51:03

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

I submitted a PayPal refund claim but in the message made it clear that the refund is not the point. I'm hoping that PayPal has an alternate way to communicate with Vladimir and that my message will get through.

When I try to use the serial number retrieval tool, I get this at the bottom of the error message: "ERROR: The /var/www/html/alloyphoto.com/plugins directory does not exist!"

That suggests to me that the site may have been hacked.

The other AlloyPhoto plugin that I need is the export list for Lightroom. With that plugin it is possible to create an .xml database file that matches the specifications for submitting images for copyright registration. It basically automates the process once it is set up. Very handy.

#5 2022-01-07 21:03:06

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

I just tried to visit the AlloyPhoto page on the Adobe Exchange (https://exchange.adobe.com/creativeclou … macos.html) and I found this message:

This Extension is retracted by the partner.

#6 2022-01-17 23:43:14

Jan Becket
2015-01-17

I’m happy to report that I just received the serial numbers for the two AlloyPhoto plugin updates I purchased, including the Lightroom to Piwigo export plugin. As I suspected, the issue was a technical one with Vladimir’s server - just like the similar issue in 2019. I assume the rest of the AlloyPhoto site is functioning normally at this point.

#7 2022-04-17 07:09:13

rajdude
2021-05-18

What did you do to get a response from Vladimir?

I have a similar issue. Serial number doesn't work after a Lightroom version upgrade. I bought it in the last month or so, hence I'm eligible for to continue using it.

Unfortunately, there's no response from Vladimir.

#8 2022-06-29 00:14:39

pr0xyfl00d3r
2022-01-22

does anyone have the file for pc and mac, the download page is not working

Last edited by pr0xyfl00d3r (2022-06-29 00:15:03)

#9 2023-03-18 12:22:45

alexT.
2023-03-18

Hello, it seems alloy photo site is still selling the lightroom - piwigo plugin.
But the messages in this thread are  disconserting.
Would you buy? I mean is he sending the serial number after purchase? Or is the business abandoned?

Last edited by alexT. (2023-03-18 12:23:11)

#10 2023-03-23 00:07:28

iamjwk
The Netherlands
2020-01-27

Vladimir is still in business. Yes response is sometimes slow (few days to 2 weeks is my experience).

I bought upgrade for Lightroom v12 on 9 January 2023 after he replied to email from me with:
"I finally had an opportunity to test the plugin with Lightroom 12, and I am happy to report that everything appears to be working as expected. I updated the "Compatibility" section on the page to reflect Lightroom 12 as well."

I ordered it and paid via paypal. Paypal payment confirmation and the new registration key arrived at same time.

#11 2023-03-23 02:20:18

rajdude
2021-05-18

I got absolutely no reply. Unfortunately
What I did was to take a risk and bought another license, it came immediately. So I guess there's an automatic license issue thingy, but the guy himself is AWOL, at least for me

BTW I stopped using his plugin, it is super easy to upload to Piwigo after exporting my photos to my SSD. There's really no need for this plugin. Just drag drop.

#12 2023-03-23 09:14:32

iamjwk
The Netherlands
2020-01-27

I make use of metadata for my images involving changes to images after being published to my Piwigo site.  Then it is very handy to have a publishing plugin as it flags images which are modified for republishing.

And very handy for me: it also imports back comments given for images into Adobe Lightroom. I use that for example for scanned negatives and positives so people can enter info, which I add to the image metadata in Lightroom.

So depends on your situation what is handiest. Other possibilities are directly uploading via FTP or a FTP publisher plugin.

See my site: https://gallery.fotokruse.eu/
Busy on getting theme working under Piwigo 13.

Jan-Willem

•  » Extensions
  •  » AlloyPhoto Lightroom to Piwigo export plugin - no serial number

Board footer