Announcement

#1 2022-02-10 20:48:17

flkiwi
2022-02-10

Flat/photo stream… and maybe a minimal blog

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

So I’m trying to achieve an absolutely minimal ui for visitors in a docker install of piwigo. I want users to see a page that contains nothing but photos. No captions, no logo, no home button, preferably no white space, no metadata. Just photos on a black background. Click on a photo to learn about it. I don’t plan to even use albums with this site. I hear mention of a flat option, but I haven’t found a way to default to it.

I also want to strip down the photo page, but I suspect that will involve editing the theme.

Bonus points if there’s a plug-in that allows for minimal blog posts inserted in-line with the photo stream (ie, a post title shows up where a photo would go).

Debian 10
Docker
piwigo 12.2.0 (container)
mariadb (container)
nginx proxy

UPDATE:

deleted text about editing conf files; I figured out the Local Files Editor plugin

I can manually visit /index.php?categories/flat. I'm having difficulty setting this in the local files editor but I expect that's user error on my part. More digging.

Last edited by flkiwi (2022-02-10 22:25:04)

#2 2022-02-10 22:10:35

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Flat/photo stream… and maybe a minimal blog

May be a dumb question, but why do you want to use Piwigo then if you'd use none of its gallery capabilities and spend time to disable everything (without guarantee to succeed)?

For static pages there's better suited software like Hugo or Jekyll or Lektor or even (not maintained anymore) fgallery.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2022-02-10 22:19:59

flkiwi
2022-02-10

Re: Flat/photo stream… and maybe a minimal blog

There are a few reasons:

1. It's what I want to use.

2. It's part of a shared infrastructure so I would rather not install another platform.

3. I want to be able to roll out other features.

4. The backend features are still there. I'm not disabling anything. I simply want to present an extremely lightweight UI to end users for aesthetic reasons.

4. Mobile app.

Board footer