Announcement

#1 2022-10-24 10:23:20

madbloke
2022-10-24

'piwigo_user_cache' missing

Hey there,
A few days ago, I updated to the latest version (13.0.0? 13.1.0 is showing on the Piwigo.org page as being available yesterday, but I didn't get to do that, for obvious reasons.), yesterday I tried moving a folder, and the following came up.

"
Warning:  [mysql error 1017] Can't find file: 'piwigo_user_cache' (errno: 2 - No such file or directory)

SELECT
    ui.*,
    uc.*,
    t.name AS theme_name
  FROM piwigo_user_infos AS ui
    LEFT JOIN piwigo_user_cache AS uc ON ui.user_id = uc.user_id
    LEFT JOIN piwigo_themes AS t ON t.id = ui.theme
  WHERE ui.user_id = 1
; in /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 847

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on bool in /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php:211 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/include/functions_user.inc.php(379): pwg_db_fetch_assoc() #1 /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/include/functions_user.inc.php(293): getuserdata() #2 /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/include/user.inc.php(76): build_user() #3 /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/include/common.inc.php(169): include('/var/www/g.manc...') #4 /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/index.php(11): include_once('/var/www/g.manc...') #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/g.mancavgeek.co.uk/html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 211

"

It turns out the disk on my VPS was full, but even after freeing up several Gb of space (removing some test sites and deleting some videos from NextCloud), this error still exists.
PHPMyAdmin throws up an error

"
#1017 - Can't find file: 'piwigo_user_cache' (errno: 1 - No such file or directory)
"

on the table 'piwigo_user_cache', and a similar one on 'piwigo_user_cache_categories', and there are other errors on other tables that link to these.
Has anyone any clue as to what is happening here and how to fix it?
I've done a search, and while rare, this does happen occasionally, usually with a full disk, or while moving albums, and in every case either the poster says they fixed it without giving any indication of what they did, or there are no replies.

Thanks,
madbloke
Piwigo URL: https://g.mancavgeek.co.uk

#2 2022-10-24 11:30:13

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: 'piwigo_user_cache' missing

Your database is corrupted. Restore from backup.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2022-10-24 12:24:43

madbloke
2022-10-24

Is there any other way around this?
I have rather stupidly neglected to make any backups in a good long while...

#4 2022-10-24 13:34:54

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

madbloke wrote:

Is there any other way around this?

No.

madbloke wrote:

I have rather stupidly neglected to make any backups in a good long while...

Even if Piwigo tells you before upgrade:

Piwigo wrote:

Always have a backup of your database and files.
The best is to have them made automatically on a regular basis.
If anything bad happens during the update, you would be able to restore a backup.

#5 2022-11-03 06:09:43

itmen
2022-10-24

erAck wrote:

Your database is corrupted. Restore from backup.

hy, i have some problem with this post
where is the database backup directory and how is it owned?

#6 2022-11-03 09:52:07

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

You or your hosting provider have to create backups regularly to be prepared for disaster. How a backup can be done (and restored) depends on your hosting provider respectively your hosting plan and your technical expertise.

#7 2022-11-03 10:51:27

itmen
2022-10-24

erAck wrote:

You or your hosting provider have to create backups regularly to be prepared for disaster. How a backup can be done (and restored) depends on your hosting provider respectively your hosting plan and your technical expertise.

Many Thanks Dude

So piwigo doesn't have a database backup that is automatically created when updating the version or someting?

we run piwigo on a local server, to save us we stack with other sites on one server :(
And unfortunately we only had a backup system three months ago

#8 2022-11-03 19:28:07

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

No, Piwigo does not do backups.

Board footer