Announcement

#1 2022-12-28 22:04:57

owdun
2022-10-04

Automatic Update to 13.4.0

Greetings from Cologne,

Yesterday I updated to version 13.3.0., seemingly without issue. I have tried using the automatic update to 13.4.0. I get the message that the update is in progress followed by  the "tick" mark with the words "Update complete" with "13.4.0" beneath them. However the version is still 13.3.0. I have pasted the results below.
This is not a big issue for me. I can wait for an update or implement manually, if necessary. I just wanted to report it as a possible bug.

I would like to express my thanks to the developers / maintainers of Piwigo. I would also like to offer my time in future for the testing of new releases. Please let me know how to go about this.

"Updates

Piwigo core    Extensions

Update complete

Currently running version 13.3.0"

Piwigo 13.3.0 Check for upgrade
    Installed on 13 September 2022, 3 months 2 weeks 1 day ago
    Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS (Linux 5.15.0-56-generic x86_64)
    PHP: 8.0.26
    MySQL: 10.6.11-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
    Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.11-60
    Cache size 1339.95 Mo

I am using "Nextcloud" to hold our photos along with various other documents. I have symbolic link to the Nextcloud photos folder in the data folder. All seems to work well now that I have sorted out the folder and file names (they contained spaces and German characters).

#2 2022-12-28 22:56:00

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Automatic Update to 13.4.0

Try if pointing your browser to upgrade.php helps.

For spaces and German characters, on Linux systems it should be safe to add them to the sync characters, adding a line to the local config using plugin LocalFiles Editor.

Code:

$conf['sync_chars_regex'] = '/^[a-zA-Z0-9-_. äÄöÖüÜßẞ()\[\]]+$/u';

See also include/config_default.inc.php https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo/blob/7 … c.php#L850

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2022-12-29 09:12:05

owdun
2022-10-04

Thanks for the two suggestions erAck,
I have tried the first one (upgrade.php) and get the message "No upgrade required, the database structure is up to date ← back to gallery" in the browser. The automatic update still doesn't work.
My work-around for the "spaces and German characters" issue was to rename the folders and files at source. I replaced the spaces and German characters with an underscore. So I am ok for now. I will test out your suggestion with a new folder and photos after I have added your proposed line to the local config file. I will post the results here.

#4 2022-12-30 16:02:03

owdun
2022-10-04

Hi erAck,
As promised an update on the issue that I had with photo and folder names containing spaces and German characters.
I added the line that you suggested to the local config file. I then set up, on my nextcloud, a test folder and photos with names that contained spaces and some umlaut characters.
I then tried to synchronise "directories + files". I again received the error message "PWG-UPDATE-1 (wrong filename)".
I then made several checks that the changes had been effective, cleared the browser cache with shift+ctl+del, cleared caches in the maintenance screen, and restarted apache2. This made no difference. Finally I rebooted the server, logged back into piwigo and "voila" the folder had synced and the photos were reported as "missing checksum".
Any suggestions as to what I might have done to avoid the reboot would be gratefully received.
Thanks again for the assistance.

#5 2022-12-30 18:58:52

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

No idea. I also don't think the reboot being necessary was in any way related to the sync_chars_regex change.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

Board footer