Announcement

#16 2006-01-17 15:40:09

szabot
2006-01-16

Re: [Evolution]Upload

I have an another problem. I set the max file size and the max resolution, but I can't upload all the pictures via http. The error message: "can't upload the picture on the server ". The file type is jpg (everything is lowercase), the name is trial.jpg. I found a default windows picture (sample.jpg) what I can upload (and validate) so the rights are ok on the server.

Why I can't upload the pictures?

#17 2006-01-17 20:10:13

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Warning : the name of directories and files must be composed of letters, figures, “-", “_" or “." : {[a-zA-Z][0-9]-_.}. No blank space, no accentuated characters. This restriction is necessary because some web browsers does not support non ASCII or blank characters in filenames to display (pictures for instance).

Enjoy PWG !!!

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#18 2006-01-23 05:05:45

PatrickMJones

I was thinking that fixing filenames transparently would be nice.  Replacing spaces with _ in filenames is a must.  Windows users tend to have spaces in filenames (weird).  Stripping some restricted characters or replacing them would also be cool.  Not a big deal to hack up, but would be cool to see it in future releases.

Keep up the awesome work on this! :)

#19 2006-01-23 06:20:34

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Could you send your proposal in our Bugs and evolutions tracker tool ?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

Board footer