Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Exhibition Dates In Phpwebgallery

#1 2004-01-13 16:38:18

Mort Furd
2004-01-13

Exhibition Dates In Phpwebgallery

Hi all.

I just put together a modification to phpWebGallery that adds the ability to enter, display, and manage dates and descriptions of exhibitions.

This mod was done at the request of someone I made a web page for.  She is an artist, and wanted to show her paintings on the internet without having to learn html to make the pages herself.

She also takes her paintings to show at exhibitions, so she wanted to be able to manage a list of exhibition dates on her homepage so that visitors could know when and where they could see her paintings in person.

Since we had already set up phpWebGallery to do the pictures, it made sense to integrate the exhibition management into phpWG.

Right now, you can add exhibition dates and delete them.  I am going to have to go back and add an "Edit" function - typos happen, and it is a pain to delete an entire entry and redo it for one misspelled word.

You have four fields:
Start date, stop date, title, and description.

The dates are simple text fields of twenty characters, and the display is sorted by entry order only - not by date.
The title field is also a simple text field of length 255 characters.
The description field is an SQL Text field, so it can contain a very long piece of text.  The display function uses the phpWG formatting functions, so you can do _this_ and /this/ and have the text underlined or italicised.

Have I forgotten anything, or should I do anything different?
Would this function even be useful for any of you?

About the middle of next week I will have my own server running (and my DSL with permanent IP.)  I'll post a download link here when my server up and available.  There will also be a demo system running with phpWG and some other free software.

For now, you can see the exhibition display page here: **Broken link**

Please don't poke around her site too much - she's not open for business yet, and not registered with the search engines so she might be a little perturbed if she gets a zillion hits on her page.

Please let me know what you think of the idea, and make suggestions.

•  » Extensions
  •  » Exhibition Dates In Phpwebgallery

Board footer