#16 2008-09-20 16:54:18

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Re: Butterfly 2 - Graphic and CSS feedback

Solved in last commit.
8-)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#17 2008-09-20 19:25:00

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26

Links > Instructions : double scroll on the page ?  :-(

Why couldn't we have some "page up", not between every paragraphs but from time to time ?...

#18 2008-09-20 21:27:01

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26

Feedback on the page :

Title of the page
==========
- Should be lowered just above the pink line, so that it won't be hidden when there is a warning message
- Should not cover the logo when title is too long (too much space between letters)

AdminTabs
=======
- word should be 1px lower
- space between tabs should be reduced by 2px

What seems to be the problem with the bullet area ?
1/ There is still a very very (yes, I know) tiny but visible horizontal line near the bullet => do u need a new vertical line ?

2/
- The bullet is not distinct enough from the vertical line => perhaps lower it (far from the vertical line) by 1px ?
- It seems smaller than the pink one => Do you want another grey bullet ?

All the pages
========
- links : border #FF7700 (now #FF3363)
- input, select, textarea : bg#444, textcolor#999, no inset nor outset, border 1px#999
- No second pink line (reverse the alternate lines of the tables : set the title line of the table with dark bg)
- Should be more space between paragraphs (now : too near from each other => it's too messy to read)

- Page Permalink : smthg happened to the 'categories' arrow
- Page Panier : text is green ...
- Page Users : 1st frame ('Add a User') : 'Submit' button is not aligned with the textareas
- Page Specials > Admin : 'sort by order' is dissociated from the selection area

Notice: Undefined offset: 13801 in /var/www/piwigo.org/forum/include/parser.php on line 459

#19 2008-09-20 21:45:54

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

stripy wrote:

Links > Instructions : double scroll on the page ?  :-(

Why couldn't we have some "page up", not between every paragraphs but from time to time ?...

On French Beta testing side...

Eric wrote:

Pour lire les instructions, il faut scroller la fenêtre. Ce faisant, les menus scrollent aussi. Et comme il y a une belle tartine de texte, serait-il possible de fixer le menu de gauche et le bandeau supérieur ? Faire en sorte que les instructions défilent dans un cadre ?

See [Forum, topic 13801]

I agree but my screen has a resolution higher than yours so I have only one scrollbar.
Maybe there is some solution with jQuery to adjust the instructions block to the screen size just to have only one scrollbar.

I have to search for a such strategy.
8-)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#20 2008-09-20 22:18:47

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

stripy wrote:

Title of the page
==========
- Should be lowered just above the pink line, so that it won't be hidden when there is a warning message
- Should not cover the logo when title is too long (too much space between letters)

Again your screen is a bit small for graphic creator or a webmaster.
I will try to do something for you...

But:

http://phpwebgallery.net/doc/lib/exe/fetch.php/en:release:synchro_under_chrome.jpg
8-)

8-)

#21 2008-09-20 22:34:19

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

stripy wrote:

AdminTabs
=======
- word should be 1px lower
- space between tabs should be reduced by 2px

What seems to be the problem with the bullet area ?
1/ There is still a very very (yes, I know) tiny but visible horizontal line near the bullet => do u need a new vertical line ?

2/
- The bullet is not distinct enough from the vertical line => perhaps lower it (far from the vertical line) by 1px ?
- It seems smaller than the pink one => Do you want another grey bullet ?

- word should be 1px lower: Ok easy to do.
- space between tabs should be reduced by 2px: If you think so. ;-)

- 1/ There is still a very very (yes, I know) tiny but visible horizontal line near the bullet => do u need a new vertical line ?: Leave it as it is, if we have time to manage that residual tiny line before official day... No need of a new vertical line, I already changed it from original... You have 2 png. And the problem is coming from the left.

perhaps lower it (far from the vertical line) by 1px ? I will try that.
Do you want another grey bullet ? I will do it myself.

Thanks.
8-)

8-)

#22 2008-09-20 22:46:44

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

stripy wrote:

All the pages
========
- links : border #FF7700 (now #FF3363)
- input, select, textarea : bg#444, textcolor#999, no inset nor outset, border 1px#999
- No second pink line (reverse the alternate lines of the tables : set the title line of the table with dark bg)
- Should be more space between paragraphs (now : too near from each other => it's too messy to read)

- Page Permalink : smthg happened to the 'categories' arrow
- Page Panier : text is green ...
- Page Users : 1st frame ('Add a User') : 'Submit' button is not aligned with the textareas
- Page Specials > Admin : 'sort by order' is dissociated from the selection area

- No second pink line: I understand your point but you will see a poor design later... On going.

- Page Panier : text is green ...: Could you gave me rules for Infos text and Error text, I never get any charter rules.
This is the reason of green - Error is #FF7700 currently.
Try a synchro with a missing thumbnail or a bad name.

For the rest I will see.
Again and again some feedback are due to your resolution, classify your feedback.
In a first message only unacceptable points.
And the rest in a second post.

8-)

8-)

#23 2008-09-20 23:47:25

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26

VDigital wrote:

Could you gave me rules for Infos text and Error text, I never get any charter rules.

Are u talking about warning messages http://forum.phpwebgallery.net/viewtopi … 450#p90450?
I haven't been able (don't know how) to visualize those messages, so I cannot decide of a charter rule for them ...

VDigital wrote:

I don't understand ... #FF7700 is ... orange ...

VDigital wrote:

Yes, that one is orange.

VDigital wrote:

Again and again some feedback are due to your resolution

I understand ... but on the other hand, my resolution (1024x768) is the most common one, so it has to be perfect ..., no :-/  ?

VDigital wrote:

classify your feedback.
In a first message only unacceptable points.
And the rest in a second post.

8-)

I scan the page once, and I do a list of unacceptable points (if not, I would not mention them). Now, among those points :
- some are more urgent to correct => you decide (due to technical reasons, work on progress, other points related to it that I cannot know)
- some are not possible to correct => u tell me and we find another way
- some are due to technical reasons I haven't understood => then, you tell me

No ?  Yes ?

Last edited by stripy (2008-09-21 00:08:24)

Notice: Undefined offset: 13801 in /var/www/piwigo.org/forum/include/parser.php on line 459

#24 2008-09-20 23:54:26

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26

stripy wrote = Links > Instructions : double scroll on the page ?  :-(

VDigital wrote:

See [Forum, topic 13801]

I agree but my screen has a resolution higher than yours so I have only one scrollbar.
Maybe there is some solution with jQuery to adjust the instructions block to the screen size just to have only one scrollbar.

Yes, I saw that. But I still think 1024x768 is the most common resolution => so a lot of people will see 2 scrolls

VDigital wrote:

I have to search for a such strategy.
8-)

OK.

#25 2008-09-21 08:24:30

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

stripy wrote:

VDigital wrote:

Could you gave me rules for Infos text and Error text, I never get any charter rules.

Are u talking about warning messages http://forum.phpwebgallery.net/viewtopi … 450#p90450?
I haven't been able (don't know how) to visualize those messages, so I cannot decide of a charter rule for them ...

VDigital wrote:

I don't understand ... #FF7700 is ... orange ...

VDigital wrote:

Yes, that one is orange.

We have two kind of messages.

Infos and Errors.
Orange is Errors as you saw. And you agree that orange is the right color for all errors.

Now, back to Infos messages.
They all are green (because I am waiting for: Good News Message Color!
Can I have your suggested color ? (Please don't say orange again). ;-)

Some of cases for Infos:
- Successful deletion of a virtual cat
- Alpha ordering of category list
- Category edit confirmation
- User comments validation
- Configuration updates
- Picture updates
- New Piwigo version available

All of them are green currently.
So let me say: What else?
8-)

8-)

#26 2008-09-21 08:42:21

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

stripy wrote:

VDigital wrote:

Again and again some feedback are due to your resolution

I understand ... but on the other hand, my resolution (1024x768) is the most common one, so it has to be perfect ..., no :-/  ?

See http://www.onestat.com/html/aboutus_pressbox31.html

If I follow you because 1 people out of 4 are using 800x600 resolution, I must have :

1 - Visitors side correct in 800x600
2 - Admin side correct in 1024x768

IMO :

1 - Have a look in 800x600, we have efforts to do for visitors. (First priority)
2 - Yes, web analytics, today reported that more and more internet users choose for screen resolution 1024 x 768 which is the most popular screen resolution for exploring the internet but all Webmasters and Administrators aren't normal internet users.
And people who are managing more and more pictures will want to see them on higher resolution than 1024x768. These people are coming Piwigo webmasters.
We don't have these figures at all.
(Admin screens in 1024x768 is a second priority).

8-)

8-)

#27 2008-09-21 17:32:49

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26

VDigital wrote:

We have two kind of messages.

Infos and Errors.

So what is the difference with those ones ?

VDigital wrote:

Orange is Errors as you saw. And you agree that orange is the right color for all errors.

No, I don't.
I just saw them, I didn't say anything  :-)

VDigital wrote:

Now, back to Infos messages.
They all are green (because I am waiting for: Good News Message Color!
Can I have your suggested color ? (Please don't say orange again).

;-)

ORANGE !!!
:-D
And could we have it like this :

/ ! \   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipisci elit   / ! \

And please, have the error messages in #FF3300 : error messages are always red, it's a convention ;-) So, I think red (be it coral) suits better.
Could we have a frame around it ?

#28 2008-09-21 17:36:46

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26

VDigital wrote:

If I follow you because 1 people out of 4 are using 800x600 resolution, I must have ...

Not "must" ...

VDigital wrote:

IMO :

1 - Have a look in 800x600, we have efforts to do for visitors. (First priority)
2 - Yes, web analytics, today reported that more and more internet users choose for screen resolution 1024 x 768 which is the most popular screen resolution for exploring the internet but all Webmasters and Administrators aren't normal internet users.
And people who are managing more and more pictures will want to see them on higher resolution than 1024x768. These people are coming Piwigo webmasters.
We don't have these figures at all.
(Admin screens in 1024x768 is a second priority).

8-)

... I've been asking this question since the begining I started to work with you ...
Now, I have the answer.
Thank you, VDigital.

#29 2008-09-21 17:40:36

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Ok to have errors in Coral...
I didn't like "/!\ Lorem"
What about Infos in orange then?
8-)

8-)

#30 2008-09-21 17:44:48

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26

VDigital wrote:

I didn't like "/!\ Lorem"    = ok
What about Infos in orange then?
8-)

Uh? oh, yes, why not ?
;-)